Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree12Likes
Discuss Do we need an hour for lunch at the General Archery Discussion & News within Archery Interchange Forums; Originally Posted by fbirder Absolutely. Why, it can sometimes take nearly an hour to decide ...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fbirder View Post
    Absolutely. Why, it can sometimes take nearly an hour to decide which wine. And how can one possibly decide what to eat if one does not know what wine one will be drinking?
    I normally have my man sort that sort of thing out. A chap's got enough to do without having to worry himself about wine.
    Irony's free, sarcasm you pay for

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    From my experience of both organising and going to tournaments, the lunch break is more for the organising club than the archers.

It also depends on what the shoot is, as to the work required. As a previous poster mentioned its the archers that generally do the heavy lifting at change distances, but the field team that have to re-align the bosses (and potentially change faces), some judges can be rather critical so this could take some time. Plus as a number of the field team are shooting they also have to shoot and go to the toilet, and at big shoots the cue can be pretty long by now.

I know some shoots can drag on (WA1440 looking at you), and I agree that the time for results could be better, but then again the number of mistakes you see on score boards are shocking, plus field team are packing things away. What I don't understand though is that the point of the raffle is to cover the time whilst results are being calculated, but more often than not, don't start till results are complete.

As for picking wine, lets be civilised, it's port and sherry with archery, perhaps with the odd splash of mead.
    Corax67 likes this.
    Longbows, the real bows.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Just out of interest, do all the scores need to be checked, or even handed in?
    Perhaps find the top 5 scores in each category and check those.
    To find the likely winners of each category ask for scores over "aaa" to be handed in. If that produces only 2, lower the cut off.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    Just out of interest, do all the scores need to be checked, or even handed in?
    Perhaps find the top 5 scores in each category and check those.
    To find the likely winners of each category ask for scores over "aaa" to be handed in. If that produces only 2, lower the cut off.
    Depends on the shoot, some shoots with people that won't win, but can claim awards (rose awards etc). Also as I mentioned some of the maths is awful, I've seen scores where people have missed off 100pts. So what you think couldn't win, may have won.
    Sindrin likes this.
    Longbows, the real bows.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I guess for small numbers the checking is quicker. For really large numbers there might be a call for certain scores to be put forwards for checking; while others aren't needed. As you say, sometimes it would be inappropriate.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    You're all forgetting the half an hour nap before the afternoon shooting...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456