Doen't Anyone Shoot In Northern Ireland?

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
I hadn't thought of decommissioning as the reason! :)

The NIAS website hasn't been updated at all this year. Ludicrous -- how hard can it be to change a bit of HTML? But at least they have a functioning website, unlike the Yorkshire Archery Association.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
TJ Mason - 26/9/2005 11:38 PM </p>

Ludicrous -- how hard can it be to change a bit of HTML?
</p>

You'd be surprised ;)</p>

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
The site is like all of these things, put together by well meaning volunteers, but then they don't get support from the rest of the organisation.

The SAA website has progressed over the years, but initially it was floundering - it has taken LOTS and LOTS of PR work to build the culture where people make use of the website is it is meant to be used and proactively feed information into it (even now though it takes a lot of digging to get some of the information). If we stopped updating it, it would very very quickly fall by the wayside. It takes a team of dedicated individuals to keep that kind of momentum.

So you see, there's a much bigger picture than "a bit of HTML". However, if you're volunteering to help, I'm sure they'd welcome your assistance :)

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
More to this than meets the eye. I had only noticed the absence of anything in the 'tournaments' section!

Pete

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
TJ Mason - 26/9/2005 11:38 PM

But at least they have a functioning website, unlike the Yorkshire Archery Association.
Maybe that's why the Northern Counties Forum gets a good airing.

So, all we have to do is get all the YAA members to sign up to AIUK, then there's no need for a website.

Mick

indybutts

Yip archery is alive and well in northern ireland.
If you would like to see how well its doing use google and type in "SIXGOLDS" its a great website devoted to northern ireland.
The n.i.a.s site is a load of****

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
indybutts said:
Yip archery is alive and well in northern ireland.
If you would like to see how well its doing use google and type in "SIXGOLDS" its a great website devoted to northern ireland.
Looks a good site! The colours do my head in though, need sunglasses to read it!
It would be nice to get rid of the 'never' on the AIUK thread title then...

Pete