Discuss Goldseeker Bow limbs at the General Archery Discussion & News within Archery Interchange UK Forums; I have an old but good condition Goldseeker Bow bought from new. It has 38lb ...
    In the Green
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks

Goldseeker Bow limbs

I have an old but good condition Goldseeker Bow bought from new. It has 38lb limbs at 28". However, due to age etc., I now require less powerful limbs ie 30 - 34lb. I understand that the Goldseeker limb fitment is unique to this obsolescent bow. Archery for me is now recreational so would prefer to hang on to this bow rather than buy another. Anyone know of another matching make or have any original Goldseeker limbs they want to sell.

Hopefully,

DenMor

In the Gold
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    From memory the Goldseeker was a Severn Products bow design by John Millinchip.

It had a unique limb fitment with a metal attachment to each limb that slotted into a dovetail on the riser. This made for a relatively heavy bow.

I've not seen one for 25 years. I guess they still exist (in peoples attics, garages etc.) - I would keep an eye open on ebay. Quite a lot of bows from this period are cropping up these days (e.g. Yamahas and early Hoyts).

Simon

In the Black
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonW View Post
    From memory the Goldseeker was a Severn Products bow design by John Millinchip.

It had a unique limb fitment with a metal attachment to each limb that slotted into a dovetail on the riser. This made for a relatively heavy bow.

I've not seen one for 25 years. I guess they still exist (in peoples attics, garages etc.) - I would keep an eye open on ebay. Quite a lot of bows from this period are cropping up these days (e.g. Yamahas and early Hoyts).

Simon
    Yes, I do believe it was a Severn Products bow. I bought one from them over 20 years ago, and up until seeing this post it had sat in the cupboard under the stairs.

Limb fitment is as you describe and it is indeed a heavy bow compared to today's modern recurves.

Unfortunately DenMor, mine is the same as yours, 38 @28, and when I had it checked last year it was pretty much still the same.

Started shooting it again a couple of years ago after a 15+ year break and bought a new sight, button & string for it (has to be dacron and not fastflight)
    Only shot a few Nationals and managed to get to 498 (pretty low by todays standards) before noticing my original arrows were all cracked up the shaft from the pile, and they were actually the wrong spine for the bow (got them cheap in the states). Bought some new ones but only shot them once before discovering the delights of the good old Longbow and never looked back

Think i might take it down the club tomorrow and see if i can't give the regular recurves a run for their money
    I was aiming for the bunny !!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    If it is a Goldseeker Turbo, then Hoyt TD2 limbs would fit it or even a Samick Progress 1.
    A Champion becomes a Champion by doing something different from everyone else.

In the Green
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks

Goldseeker bow limbs

Being new to the system and a computer luddite to boot I've experienced some delay in logging on again, so apologies for my tardy reply to your prompt responses.
    Thank you Simon W and Eddie Edmunds for your general advice and encouragement, and thank you Old Bloke for your specifics - yes it is a Turbo GS and so I will be monitoring E Bay for the limbs you specified. I know there are easier and more modern options but... I like this bow.

DenMor