Has anyone changed to non-dominant eye?

Wendy

Has anyone changed from shooting from your dominant eye to the non dominant due to injury. I managed to get 'tennis elbow' last June and now am fed up with not being able to shoot so am contemplating changing from left to right handed. Has anyone done this and if so was it very difficult? Thanks for your input.
Wendy:beer:

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I learnt to shoot left-handed, switched after 18 months (cause the bow I wanted to use was RH) and a couple years later switched back. However I'm not really, really dominant in one eye which is why I have to fuzz out the sight of my non-aiming eye with some tape over the lens. There are certainly some top archers who have switched, and I have seen photos of some compounders who aim with the "wrong" eye for their handiness.

Darkcider

I learned to shoot right handed, despite my eye dominance being left handed! It just felt more natural to me and I'm doing fine so far.

If you can cope with the strangeness of drawing with the 'wrong hand', then you'll not be troubled at all by the eye issue.

Best of luck in the switch.

Mike

Barabus

I learned to shoot right handed, despite my eye dominance being left handed! It just felt more natural to me and I'm doing fine so far.

If you can cope with the strangeness of drawing with the 'wrong hand', then you'll not be troubled at all by the eye issue.

Best of luck in the switch.

Mike
Agreed, especially with one eye shut the open one is dominant.:D

I shoot left handed although i am right handed but found it weird so switched to LH which felt right.

Wendy

Thanks for your replies....I will give it a go and hope I will be able to enjoy the coming summer (last year was a bit of a wash out)

matt27

i have only ever shot with my dominent eye
found i shot better right handed but am naturally left eye dominent

Wendy

Well despite the cold I had a go at shooting right handed and it was not as bad as I thought............admittedly it was only 15yds but it's a start:)