Higher Maintenance

Mark31121

Ironman
Surely that depends on how good the archer is...

My recurve arrows go through the bosses just as well as my compound, so per shot isn't going to make much differnece

Does that also mean that if you have any MB/GMB recurve archers they should also be paying more???

Mormegil

Surely that depends on how good the archer is...

My recurve arrows go through the bosses just as well as my compound, so per shot isn't going to make much differnece

Does that also mean that if you have any MB/GMB recurve archers they should also be paying more???
If I'm not very good but compensate by only shooting at 20 metres so I always hit the gold does that mean I should pay more?

Tuck

What a can of worms, who is to say what each archer is shooting as a discipline, some shoot all. As has been said , do you have a 3 dimensional matrix with Discipline, Ability and Frequency as axes ? My club has looked at this due to the number of excellent recurve and compound archers we have, and high boss centre damage. Conclusion, impossible to do, and less good archers get other benefits from coaching and advice from experienced archers.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Not all compound archers are higher maintenance. How will that affect my fees as I rarely shoot more than two dozen holes per week?

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
Compounds might generally damage bosses more than other types, but longbowers tend to damage stands a bit more so evens out.

What you could try and do if you are having problems is (for inside at least) get compounds to shoot on 3 spot targets.

DarkMuppet

Compounds might generally damage bosses more than other types, but longbowers tend to damage stands a bit more so evens out.

What you could try and do if you are having problems is (for inside at least) get compounds to shoot on 3 spot targets.
And on top of stand damage I'd also add that I'd triple their fees to cover all the damage caused when they leave their piles in the targets, because some are too stupid to use anything stronger than pritt stick to glue them on.....:duh:

I've lost 4 ACEs in the past few years to this.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
It could be that we charge a subscription that varies; according to nuisance value, perhaps.
I'd guess that would be seen as a less than positive approach to keeping members.
Members who attend frequently, are the biggest asset to any club, I feel.
Damage to bosses, stands and faces, will happen... even if you are the only archer in the club.

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
It could be that we charge a subscription that varies; according to nuisance value, perhaps.
I'd guess that would be seen as a less than positive approach to keeping members.
Members who attend frequently, are the biggest asset to any club, I feel.
Damage to bosses, stands and faces, will happen... even if you are the only archer in the club.
Members who don't turn up are a great asset. They keep paying but don't damage equipment.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Members who don't turn up are a great asset. They keep paying but don't damage equipment.
Heehee, yes, that is true.
However, when the work of running the club has to be done; and when new members look around to see what the club is like( attendance wise) the absentees play no part in their decision making. Making new members feel wanted, and a valued part of the club has to be done by archers who interact with them.
Plus, if the damage done is taken into account when setting club fees, those who never attend will get in free!! heehee

jerryRTD

Because compound archers use three spot faces the hits are spread over three zones so that faces last longer. Also the faces can be shifted around more easily, spreading area.of impact.
The same applies outdoors as most compounders do not need the black or white again we can move theface around to avoid shooting the center of the boss out.
So no I don't see why compounders should pay extra.

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
Because compound archers use three spot faces the hits are spread over three zones so that faces last longer. Also the faces can be shifted around more easily, spreading area.of impact.
The same applies outdoors as most compounders do not need the black or white again we can move theface around to avoid shooting the center of the boss out.
So no I don't see why compounders should pay extra.
Can't move them around too much outside, because if you get a pass through you can get stuck in the frame.

jerryRTD

Judging by the state of the stands at my club the recurve archers have hit the frames with pass throughs often. That is a thingof the past now as we have gone over to foam bosses. So we can move the faces around a lot.

chuffalump

What he said. Good archers will help bring on beginners, raise the profile of the club at comps and ultimately bring in more paying members.