Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Longbow & Set of Arrows

In the Green
    Thanks

Missing Longbow & Set of Arrows

Missing Longbow and Arrows.

Last known location, UPS depot, Tamworth.
    This parcel was a tracked and signed for delivery and UPS have no idea where it has gone and are still investigating.

What has gone missing is the following:

Adrian Hayes custom built performance 4 laminate longbow, Bamboo/Padauk/Purpleheart/Ipe, 38#@28inch with dark green leather handle.

Set of 12 Strela custom arrows, 30.5 inches long with brass bullet point pile, purple cock feather and yellow hen feathers, black nock, purple/black/yellow cresting on
    shaft stained rosewood.

I would appreciate being contacted if these items are seen posted for sale. Please share with your clubs as I can't believe that a parcel in excess of 2 metres long can just disappear.
    The arrows in particular are a one off.
    Many thanks,
    Wez..

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just to confirm: it has not been signed for at a point of delivery, just disappeared somewhere along it's journey on a tracked and signed for service, last scanned point Tamworth depot?

In which case, naughty UPS employee! Hope it turns up in one piece, or they are quick with the compensation payment so you can start your bow order again.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Timid Toad For This Useful Post:

Wez (12-04-19)

Thanks
    Odd shaped parcels are more likely to go missing as they are manually sorted, put in corners and forgotten damaged and then lost.....

Courier operations are massive and a 2m tube would not stick out like s saw thumb.

The courier should be doing a thorough search for the package, but yours will not be the only one so it will take days before they get back to you.

The tracking history will give them an idea when it was last seen as it is all automated from collection.

At the end of the day parcels go missing that's what the extra insurance covers and is advisable by the shipping company to take out until you receive the goods it is their responsibility.

Hope it turns up but the shipping company needs to stay on the case and keep pushing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Whitehart For This Useful Post:

Wez (12-04-19)

Thanks
    By shipping company I mean who you bought it from

Other considerations

The label could have come off and if there is no additional information on the parcel for a return address then it has to be sent to a special depot or areas to be securely opened, the depot cannot just open packages.

The hope then is there is something inside to identify the sender and or recipient.

It is not always a case of a dodgy employee.

Don't forget there are many of these packages everyday.

I send out loads of packages and very few go missing, those that do often turn up within 3 weeks, providing you take precautions and make it easy for the couriers to identify the package they are looking for.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Whitehart For This Useful Post:

Wez (12-04-19)

Thanks
    I got one of my packet two days after receiving a notification of arrival.
    First, the mailman had no patience to wait for my wife getting to the door. So he dropped this note and took it back to the office.
    There, they found out it was too large to fit into the self-service locker (as the dropped note promised), taking it to a storage room.
    And there, some other postal staff scanned an old barcode on the bottom side, and consequently sent it on a round trip again.
    Not sure what would have happened, had I not personally inquired.
    #### happens.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lammas For This Useful Post:

Wez (15-04-19)

In the Green
    Thanks
    You have hit the nail on the head. My post is about being pro-active and covering all the bases.
    Due to the volume of parcels in circulation stuff is bound to go missing. The highest probability is that the parcel is still in the courier's system either at a depot or in a van, with or without label and all I can do is ask the courier to investigate. However, there is a very slight possibility (I believe that the vast majority of people are honest) that the parcel has been stolen. Adrian Hayes tells me that he has made a number of bows meeting the description I posted. The arrows are a different matter. They are a one off design incorporating the Strela logo in the cresting, which is the letter S with an arrow.
    Asking the archery community to keep an eye out, to me, is a logical and not unreasonable request.
    Thanks for your post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast