Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More action...

Thanks

More action...

...in a Rotary Club AGM.
    This poor forum seems to get less and less traffic; I check every few days and maybe find one more post?
    Clearly chat for the sake of it is silly but it's sad to see a good, useful and often funny forum grind to a halt.
    Is it because of FB groups? Is archery getting less popular?
    Answers (eventually) on a virtual postcard...
    Mybo Origin

In the White
    Thanks
    Iíve noticed itís a little quiet, I donít post that much at the minute as Iíve still two week until my beginners course, but have been reading lots of the threads, fear not there will be loads of newbie threads started by me soon
    Matt

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 946 Posts
    I have noticed a drop in traffic, too.
    What I have noticed over the last few years is the slow decline in the number of threads that are aimed at sorting an archer's issues with their shooting. They were far more common in the past and they drew in contributions from a larger number of " helpers". This lead to discussions of pros and cons etc which were of value to anyone who joined in or just read them.
    A good few threads these days draw in one reply and that reply is not always followed up by the original poster.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    I have noticed a drop in traffic, too.
    What I have noticed over the last few years is the slow decline in the number of threads that are aimed at sorting an archer's issues with their shooting. They were far more common in the past and they drew in contributions from a larger number of " helpers". This lead to discussions of pros and cons etc which were of value to anyone who joined in or just read them.
    A good few threads these days draw in one reply and that reply is not always followed up by the original poster.
    I guess it's on a bit of downward spiral - someone posts a query, doesn't see an answer for a while, forgets to check again. I know I've done it by mistake before. And while I happily chipped in some money for it a while ago, I just can't justify it on a forum that's clearly slowing to a halt. A shame.

Matt - ask away! Anything to raise the traffic a bit!
    Mybo Origin

In the Blue
    Thanks
    most of my questions would be a bit obscure, I will post a couple

Thanks
    Seems like 'quiet forum syndrome' isn't limited to here.

I suspect that fora in general are suffering from the same general dumbing-down of online activities that follows inevitably on from the monetisation of the 'smartphone generation'

- it's so much easier for them, (and more profitable to the mega-corps,) to tap off a quick, barely-considered, uncapitalised, un spell-checked nothing full of meaningless emojis & terrible grammar on snapnumbty or fleecebook than it is to take the time to construct & sculpt the kind of posting that lends itself so well to the subtleties of the semi-permanent forum.

Face it, in ten years we'll have gone the way of the BlueRay disk, and will be mourned about as much as we mourned the death of the cassette tape, so soon after it was seen as a revolutionary advance!

....But until then, let's just have fun & not take life too seriously...

For one, we're the trained marksmen (OK, markspersons if you must!) with (usually) several potentially lethal self-defence devices at close hand -

- and I'm yet to come across an app that even claims it can stop an arrow!
    "Cavete ira Leonis"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast