My new set up, and clickers archery

Marcus37

Today I spent a silly amount of money (for me at least) I am now the very proud owner of a Mathews TRG7 no cam 40" compound bow, it cost me ?825 with arrows. My first thought was how smooth the draw is and the shallow valley feels perfect. For a target bow is quite snappy on realese. The mass weight is quite heavy, but I thought my Mission Rally was heavy when I first got it.
Now comes the "getting used to new kit phase" i know this bow is way better than I will ever need, but that's kinda the point. I look forward to Sunday :D

As for clickers archery of Norwich, these guys are grate, highly professional and really know there stuff. Gotta be the best service I have had in any shop of any type. And should I need a mod change for my draw length thay will just swap it out at no charge.

Marcus37

New shiny kit - woo hoo. !!!!!

Have fun breaking it in

Karl
I think it's my bow arm that will need braking in, I'm betting I'll drop a few points while getting used to the new kit, but the TRG is so well balanced, and with the dead central knock point i should be gaining a few post brake in period.
The best part of bringing it home was my wife's reaction when I took it out of my bag and handed it to her (she's a recurve shooter) her words were "oh my god she's beautiful" not a single moan about me spending again.. so I'm calling that a a double win. :D

Munsterman

As for clickers archery of Norwich, these guys are grate, highly professional and really know there stuff. Gotta be the best service I have had in any shop of any type. And should I need a mod change for my draw length thay will just swap it out at no charge.
They are comfortably the best shop in the region and worth the occasional 500 mile round trip.

jerryRTD

I think it's my bow arm that will need braking in, I'm betting I'll drop a few points while getting used to the new kit, but the TRG is so well balanced, and with the dead central knock point i should be gaining a few post brake in period.
The best part of bringing it home was my wife's reaction when I took it out of my bag and handed it to her (she's a recurve shooter) her words were "oh my god she's beautiful" not a single moan about me spending again.. so I'm calling that a a double win. :D
Of course she's not going moan , A pound to a pinch of pig droppings that she wants one herself now. A double win? you really think so?

Marcus37

Of course she's not going moan , A pound to a pinch of pig droppings that she wants one herself now. A double win? you really think so?
Nope she doesn't want one, she has tried compound and did not like it due to the mass weight of the bows. but can appreciate a beautiful bow. She does have her eye on the Mybo Wave recurve, which she can have once she gets a little stronger in her draw arm.

jerryRTD

Nope she doesn't want one, she has tried compound and did not like it due to the mass weight of the bows. but can appreciate a beautiful bow. She does have her eye on the Mybo Wave recurve, which she can have once she gets a little stronger in her draw arm.
If she gets her hands on a Bowtech Carbon Knight she may change her mind , at 3.2lbs it is 2lbs lighter than your TRG. Last time I looked they had one on the rack at Clickers.

Marcus37

If she gets her hands on a Bowtech Carbon Knight she may change her mind , at 3.2lbs it is 2lbs lighter than your TRG. Last time I looked they had one on the rack at Clickers.
She won't see it, as when I go to clickers I'm normally with my dad, and my wife does not get on that well with him at the best of times. To be honest if she really wanted it, she could have it, but I very much doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds like a fantastic deal! Looks like the bow is way more expensive online???
It's second hand, but only a little over a year old and in perfect condition.