NatWest Gotland Island Games 2017

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Gotland was named in the paper as one of the top 10 places to visit... alas, I fear the British Isles are too large to count as an island for the Island Games! ;)

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Interestingly, Gibraltar is a member of the Island Games...

dottorfoggy

Gibraltar will host the next island games in 2019, unfortunately archery will not be part that time, I have to wait 4 years for the next one :(

We are Italian that move in Sweden first and then, moved to the ?land island, we are in love with this place!

Here the program (not 100% confirmed)
Day 1 - WA1440
Day 2 - WA720 + head to head
Day 3 - team vs
Day 4 - mixed team vs

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Gotland was named in the paper as one of the top 10 places to visit... alas, I fear the British Isles are too large to count as an island for the Island Games! ;)
Didn't the Isle of Wight host it, previously?

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Didn't the Isle of Wight host it, previously?
Twice... according to the website

NatWest Island Games has gone from 700 participants, 15 islands and seven sports to 2500 participants, 24 islands and 14 sports. Now it is Gotland’s turn to host, for the second time. But since 1987 in Guernsey the hosts has been as follows; Faroe Islands, Aland Islands, Isle of Wight, Gibraltar, Jersey, Gotland, Isle of Man, Guernsey, Shetland, Rhodes, Aland Islands, Isle of Wight, Bermuda and Jersey.
and the islands that are members and eligible;

The following islands are members of the International Island Games Association: Alderney, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Froya, Gibraltar, Gotland, Guernsey, Greenland, Hitra, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Jersey, Menorca, Orkney, Rhodes, Saaremaa, St. Helena, Sark, Shetland, Western Isle, Ynys Mon and ?land.