Need reasons for having more bows

Greenman

Fonz Awardee
I need a Renaissance style longbow, problem is I already have 2 longbows and several other bows .Normally splendid wife thinks 2 bows is more than enough for anyone, this is someone who has 6 violins, so need a rational reason for getting one.Considered getting one and telling her it was a new curtain rail for the spare room, but to be honest with having to remove the curtains every time I wanted to shoot it, the idea wasn't very practical.So need reasons to get the bow, they don't need to be sensible, apparently my wife rarely expects sensible from me, so there might be a chance. So there it is , reasons for having a few bows that the female of the species would accept ,gratefully recieved. Only slightly desperate here.

Thunk

Ironman
If she's anything like my wife, you could start by querying all those shoes!

Alternatively, you could try ceremoniously nocking an arrow onto a violin string - yes, that's right, one thats already fitted to a violin! Make some comment about the peculiar shape sight window in the side of the instrument, and make as if to draw...

Last edited by a moderator:

iscap_boy

Field Archer said:
That's who he has to convince. :gloomy: ;)
Lol, this modern women, they dont know they have to wear skirts...the good old days....lolol

But a reason.....tell her that the bow is really cheap, that is in some kind of promotion, or on sales (they love "sales").

Shirt

It's pretty obvious you don't have to deal with anything female on a regular basis, isn't it, Iscap?

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
When my mum wanted dog no.3, my dad said she had enough with 2. She argued this point as it was her hobby and she needed another - she questioned his hobby.... drinking Bud was his answer....
"and do you stop at 2???" was her reply.

Can you find a similar hobby she has??? :duck:

Greenman

Fonz Awardee
Who Wears the trousers?

Sue says I am Head of the Household, however I got the feeling that there was a caveat as long as I make the "right" decisions. Made the mistake of leaving Quick's catologue on the coffee table, she was rather surprised to see how expensive bows were, luckily I don't need a new recurve at the moment and she didn't see any longbows in there.When Sue looks at a longbow she sees a stick, and how expensive can a stick be? ?10,20,30,certainly no more than ?50, see no reason to disabuse her of that concept.

cliveanne

Ironman
Greenman said:
I need a Renaissance style longbow, problem is I already have 2 longbows and several other bows .Normally splendid wife thinks 2 bows is more than enough for anyone, this is someone who has 6 violins, so need a rational reason for getting one.Considered getting one and telling her it was a new curtain rail for the spare room, but to be honest with having to remove the curtains every time I wanted to shoot it, the idea wasn't very practical.So need reasons to get the bow, they don't need to be sensible, apparently my wife rarely expects sensible from me, so there might be a chance. So there it is , reasons for having a few bows that the female of the species would accept ,gratefully recieved. Only slightly desperate here.

Historical research? :archer2: Educational needs (If you are helping out with, or running a course) :archer232

Tobytoolbag

Fonz Awardee
Your could always take the risky route and point out the last 5 pairs of shoes she has purchased but this is risky.

However, I think the initial solution is to get the new bow delivered to work, and then sneak it into the house when she's not there.

The real trick is reaching critical "critical mass" - when she loses track of how many bows you actually have (also try and keep them all with similar colour schemes/materials - that way if she spots the new one, it's just the Osage one - you know the one you got ages ago.) Make sure you don't keep them all in the same place, though, or she'll count 'em up and figure out what you've been up to...

The another solution is the revenue "neutral approach" - Loan/leave one of your old bows with a mate offsite or at work, then say you can't believe you actully got (?insert cost of new bow here) when selling it on eBay and that the new bow was on special offer at the price you bought it at, thereby implying that you got yourself a bargain. You can then sneak the old bow back into the house at an appropriate moment when she's not around.

Sneaky, but trust me - it has worked with my (ever expanding) kite collection, so no reason to suspect that it can't work with anything else...