New website idea

matt

I have been working on a little something in my spare time and would appreciate your comments.

http://www.archerslog.com

It allows you to log your scores and also has ranking lists so you can see how your scores compare with others.

Its fairly basic at the moment but if people like the idea I will continue to work on it and might actually get a proper host & domain name.

Have a look and let me know your thoughts. I am by no means an expert so there may well be a few bugs.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited:

Yew Selfbow

I think it's an excellent idea . Well done.Matt
eerr ..you couldn't add Longbows to the bow types could you ?

Jenny

It's really good! I especially like the little graph option so you can see how your scores are progressing :)

~Jenny~

Last edited:

LineCutter

I like it

Looks good. I'll keep playing with it.

A couple of thoughts:
I'd like more rounds to choose from if possible (often short ones are all I get time to shoot on a club night).
I can also see that a handicap option for the rounds would be useful too - to compare skill across time for different rounds.

matt

LineCutter said:
Looks good. I'll keep playing with it.

A couple of thoughts:
I'd like more rounds to choose from if possible (often short ones are all I get time to shoot on a club night).
I can also see that a handicap option for the rounds would be useful too - to compare skill across time for different rounds.

Thanks for the comments.

LineCutter, which rounds would you like adding to the list? You can always add scores for rounds not in the list by selecting Other from the dropdown. It just means that these don't show in the Ranking.

Andy

How about storing the users bow type. As I shoot compound it is a little annoying to keep having to select the bow type.

On the graph all the dates are squashed once you have entered a few scores.

LineCutter is right about handicaps, I am having trouble with how to do these as well.

Nice little tool.

Andy

matt

Andy said:
How about storing the users bow type. As I shoot compound it is a little annoying to keep having to select the bow type.

On the graph all the dates are squashed once you have entered a few scores.

LineCutter is right about handicaps, I am having trouble with how to do these as well.

Nice little tool.

Andy

Andy, try the graph now, should work a little better. Will try and add a 'prefered' bow type to the user information so that this is selected as default. Don't want to take away the option though because someone is certain to complain that they shoot both.

Yew Selfbow

Matt..
I see you've added Longbows to the bow type options...thanks for that
I can see this becoming a very useful and popular site.. well done Matt..:applause:

cliveanne

Ironman
matt said:
I have been working on a little something in my spare time and would appreciate your comments.

http://217.41.16.79

It allows you to log your scores and also has ranking lists so you can see how your scores compare with others.

Its fairly basic at the moment but if people like the idea I will continue to work on it and might actually get a proper host & domain name.

Have a look and let me know your thoughts. I am by no means an expert so there may well be a few bugs.

Thanks,

Matt

I tried to sign up but cliveanne could not / would not be accepted. Is this a bug?

tel

Fonz Awardee
OK,OK - I got it!!! :duh:

Still can't open it though, but I think that's my end - still struggling to open links! :(

tel

Fonz Awardee
Jenny said:
The graph isn't showing up for me now...all I get is a little box with an x in it :(

~Jenny~
Same here Jenny - though as I say it's probably at my end. That is all I get from most links, and usually can only get round it with a right-click and 'save target as' - even that doesn't work in this case though :bang:

Great web-site. I noticed one issue when trying to enter my username, it asked for an alpha-numeric, but no-one else in there seems to be. Is there any way of changing my name from ajp10044033 to andrew.paterson, so it matches my archery-interchange username?

matt

Sorry guys. Seems that when I've been playing things I managed to break it. Should be fixed now.

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
viewing other members scorecards

Hi,

are there any plans to allow us to view each others full record cards rather than their PB/round?

T.

matt

tarkwin said:
Hi,

are there any plans to allow us to view each others full record cards rather than their PB/round?

T.
Hadn't planned on it, but its something I could look at. Not sure everyone would like people being able to see all their scores though. What does everyone think?