Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSE bow arrived friday.

In the Black
    Thanks

PSE bow arrived friday.

The bow came Friday and I'm very impressed with the quality. I've set the draw length and draw stop which took about 20 minutes and the draw weight to 45LB. It was set at the full 70LB and I wasn't even going to attempt drawing the bow back at that weight. The 45 LB seems very manageable for my start weight, it's on the performance setting rather than the grow with you setting which was the factory setting. I think you need a bow press to change that setting.
    I've got some other kit on order. I've gone for a biscuit rest which is adjustable on both windage and elevation, my sights were originally a one pin adjustable at around 100 but the shop gave back word and they'd be 2 months on order so I bought a Truglow 5 pin which was in my price range. My arrows are on order, I chose carbon 500 spine Maximal edge which weigh in at about 300g fletched and tipped. My release aid is a Truball short and sweet S1, which I grabbed at a bargain price of 46 delivered. Also got a bag on order with arrow compartment and extra compartments for other kit. Got lots of other kit on order too such as string wax, D-loop string an serving string.
    Having looked at the PSE stinger cable slide on my bow, I couldn't help notice how it is a cheap plastic affair and you can see where its rubbing the string and de-waxing it. Obviously PSE have kept the bow pretty cheap at 220 delivered and there are going to be a few cheaper parts on the bow even though it shares its cam and limbs with much more expensive models. Rather than having string wear and de-waxing I've ordered the PSE pulley wheel cable slide. This has pulley's for both the strings and the rod to prevent friction in those areas and I thought it was a bargain at 32 delivered.

Thanks
    Sounds good! I upgraded my cable slide too on my Mybo Origin; genuinely made a big difference.

In the Black
    Thanks
    The 45 LB seems very manageable for my start weight, it's on the performance setting rather than the grow with you setting which was the factory setting. I think you need a bow press to change that setting.
    PSEs supposedly come with a manual describing this process. If you need to reposition cables, bows with beyond-parallel limbs usually require a bow press.
    ...my sights were originally a one pin adjustable at around 100 but the shop gave back word and they'd be 2 months on order so I bought a Truglow 5 pin which was in my price range.
    This is mostly a matter of personal preference. I like single pins scopes, allowing me to set it to the exact distance I shoot.
    Hunters often prefer multi-pin sights, because one usually can't dial on the scope when on full draw, and the animal moves forth or back.
    Having looked at the PSE stinger cable slide on my bow, I couldn't help notice how it is a cheap plastic affair and you can see where its rubbing the string and de-waxing it.
    You get the same for more expensive bows, and from other companies as well.
    And according to a YT review from a dealer, he has seen 10 year old PSEs with such a cable guards, and no sign of wear on the strings. But if you like, you could serve the string at that position.
    My Ferocity has the same cable guard, and the string looks like new after more then 2000 shots.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lammas For This Useful Post:

RogerM (07-01-19)

In the White
    Thanks
    My son has the PSE stinger extreme and you can change from grow with me to performance without using a press, you only need a press o change the string.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LAC Mark For This Useful Post:

RogerM (07-01-19)

In the Black
    Thanks
    Which model is that? You can adjust the draw weight on it from 45-70#? Wow, my Xpression is going in for new 40-50# limbs instead of the 50-60# it came with (that I struggle with).

In the Black
    Thanks
    The Stinger (Stinger Extreme, to be exact).
    This bow is aimed at the entry level market, were draw weight and draw length adjustment is more of a topic. The beginner needs to find his technique (like anchor point), and to build up the muscles which are used rarely otherwise.

Wow, my Xpression is going in for new 40-50# limbs instead of the 50-60# it came with (that I struggle with).
    Bows like the Xpression are for the "settled" archery, who knows his DL and DW. Starting with such a heavy bow (both in weight and draw weight, and in price) into compound archery seems a bit over-ambitious to me ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast