Robin Hood

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
The Beeb is going to make a new Robin Hood TV series!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4371582.stm

I guess everyone's begginers courses are going to be even more clogged than usual after it airs :thumbsup:. Seriously though, it'll be nice to see Robin Hood back on the telly and it ought to be good PR for Archery. :psst: Oh and they're looking for longbow archers as well - anyone fancy being an extra?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
oh for :censored: sake, Robbie Williams as Robin Hood! :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow But I suppose if he is cast it'd give more cred. to archery (if indeed you believe that Robbie Williams has ever had any credibility!)

I think Daniel (English Bowmen) should audition.
And the rest of AIUK should be the extras - that'd be fun.
Do you think they'd provide cake?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Wasn't it discovered that in the 'olden days*' they used to use recurved longbows

*but I may be talking even older olden days than Robin Hood...

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Dave said:
oh for :censored: sake, Robbie Williams as Robin Hood! :thumbsdow But I suppose if he is cast it'd give more cred. to archery (if indeed you believe that Robbie Williams has ever had any credibility!)

I think Daniel (English Bowmen) should audition.
And the rest of AIUK should be the extras - that'd be fun.
Do you think they'd provide cake?
If they can guarantee cake, I'll fly over especially to play Marian opposite Robbie Williams' Robin Hood. :cutie: :cake:

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
The Robbie Williams thing has to be a publicity stunt...please let it be a publicity stunt :eek:

My money's on Christopher Eccleston to play Robin...only for one season though :p

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
Robbie Williams, David Dickinson, Norah Batty- anyone, positively anyone will be better than the cringingly appalling Jason Connery who, some of you may remember, was the last incarnation of The Hooded Man. I'm hoping that they try to bring some grit (it's grim up NorthofNottingham) into it but the only chance of that is if they film it on the Doncaster Airport runway.

If it's Robbie we're going to get son of Men In Tights.

Pete

Andy1960

If Aunty Beeb isn't careful the Doc's gonna run out of regenerations. Only 2 left after this latest one

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
What? Turn into a squeeky bit of brown plasticine ;)

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
No, he was last seen hanging around at Tony Hart's house nowhere near Bristol :)