The "Roundicator" and Columbia

Furface

Supporter
I have come into possession of a disc, called a "Roundicator". It works like a parking disc: round the edge are the names of the rounds; in one window on the central disc it shows the number of arrows per distance; in another it reveals the score you should shoot to achieve MB and 1st to 3rd class. Of this latter there are two lists, for Gentlemen and "Ladies and Juniors".
No date on it, except a reference to the 1952 GNAS classification scheme. The score for a York for a Gents MB is 700, which suggests we are in the age of wooden or early steel bows. Indeed, the back has an advert for Accles and Pollock steel bows.
The rounds covered are: York;Hereford;St George's;ALbion; Windsow; Long Western; Long National; Western; National; American; Columbia; St Nicholas; Men's Long International; Women's Long International; Short International. The "MLI" is 6doz at 90m, 4 doz at 70m, 2 doz at 50m; the "WLI" is 5 doz at 70m, 4 doz at 60m, 3 doz at 50m. The "SI" is 2.5 doz at each of 50, 35 and 25 metres. The "Columbia" is 2 doz at each of 50, 40, 30 yards.
Any guess on dates, etc? You can just see the early evolution of the FITA rounds. But what happened to the Columbia, and why?

Furface

Supporter
I have been told today that the "Columbia" round is a US round. Is it still in use today?

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Can you post of pic of this Roundicator? I'd love to see what it looks like!

Furface

Supporter
Now let's see if I can attach a picture or two. Difficult with little paws!
Two pics, front and back (sorry about lack of clarity - basic camera at work) The credit card is there for scale.

Gold Flinger

Fonz Awardee
Good job the photos are blurred, otherwise I'd be able to read the signature strip security code and I'd be doing a spot of shopping at Bowsports! ;)
(Damn Photoshop... "Unsharp Mask" can't quite pick it up! :( )

Cool gadget though, I've seen something similar for fishing and hunting seasons. Same idea but a calendar. Again, that dated from the 50's.

tel

Fonz Awardee
How tempting is it to dismantle it and copy/update the info? I've seen the idea appear in all sorts of areas - one of the forum members ought to be able to reproduce it surely....? ;)

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Cool, my furry little buddy!! </p>

I think Dave ought to put his artistic skills to use for once and make a 21st century version sponsored by AIUK!!! ;) </p>

I'd even offer to buy one, but he'd just use the?profits to buy sticky buns... ;)</p>