SAGA Magazine....

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Folks,

I have had a call this morning from someone interested in trying Archery - nothing new in that...

However, her source of interest was from the recent SAGA magazine, which appears to have a large feature on Archery...:)

Anyone else had enquiries as a result???

Should be good to raise some interest.

C

Compound10

Folks,

I have had a call this morning from someone interested in trying Archery - nothing new in that...

However, her source of interest was from the recent SAGA magazine, which appears to have a large feature on Archery...:)

Anyone else had enquiries as a result???

Should be good to raise some interest.
Don't knock the Saga Magazine it is the magazine with the highest circulation figures in the UK.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Don't knock the Saga Magazine it is the magazine with the highest circulation figures in the UK.
Nobody's knocking it.....it appears to be doing somehting to raise awareness of our great sport!!!

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
would it be too ironic to suggest that a bunch of 'SAGA louts' might raise the fitness level at giffnock by a fair margin?

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Ahem,
You're treading on thin ice, Mr 'I struggle to shoot a bray 1'.
Sorry to rain on your mocking but I didnt struggle to shoot a Bray I .... I FAILED to shoot a Bray I.
Thus you go from humorous wit to cruel mocking of someone too badly injured to complete the smallest of rounds yet bravely fights though the pain and anguish to take part. ..... <feeling guilty yet :p>

ps: stuck anything else to your upper lip yet? a kisser perhaps? a string? your new SF riser? :eye-poppi

Uller

The American
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
... someone too badly injured to complete the smallest of rounds yet bravely fights though the pain and anguish to take part.
It was the 'bravely' fighting through pain instead of taking advice and resting that got you as badly injured as you are now.

Also, I was merely defending my club. As President I felt I couldn't let the comment pass. You have to remember there is a wide range of fitness levels at your club too (I shoot there too, remember).

We'll see how your fitness goes when you eventually make it along to your first AIUK Live shoot instead of 'mocking' others from on a forum.

This is going waaaay off topic so I think I'll leave it at that, but you'll probably have to get the last word again. :raspberry

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
points conceded ... final words to apologise both to you and to giffnock. Was being humourous possibly too blackly as I actually am quite afraid even with the op I might not shoot again

would LOVE to be able to shoot at an AIUK shoot.

ps: if you factor in my fitness, I dont think my club has a fitness level .... I drag it down that far!

Florence

Ironman
To get back to the point of the thread...

No we haven't has any enquiries yet with regard to the article, but Mum only got her issue of the Magazine last week, so there's plenty of time yet.

It's quite a good article and it'll certainly help to raise our profile with the over 55's.

Shame we can't get more nationwide magazines to promote the sport ....

C

Compound10

Nobody's knocking it.....it appears to be doing somehting to raise awareness of our great sport!!!
yeah sorry I didn't mean you specifically ... probably better worded as beware the power of the saga magazine....