Scoring pass-throughs

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Yesterday I was shooting into a straw boss that's well advanced in the composting process. The centre is shot to shuggery, and I must have lost 50 points to pass-throughs.

Is there any etiquette for assigning points to pass-throughs? Could we have a club rule that says something like: any arrow that was definitely a pass-through gets 5 points?

Or should I just put some fishing hooks halfway down my arrow? ;)

Gold Flinger

Fonz Awardee
Hang a rubber mat behind the boss! :)
I think it's a stoopid rule that shoot-thru's don't count, especially if bouncers can be re-shot.
It's not like it's the archer's fault if the boss is passed its best.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Gold Flinger - 13/6/2005 3:02 PM Hang a rubber mat behind the boss! :) I think it's a stoopid rule that shoot-thru's don't count, especially if bouncers can be re-shot. It's not like it's the archer's fault if the boss is passed its best.
</p>

Unfortunately shoot throughs aren't as easy to spot as bouncers. :(</p>

Gold Flinger

Fonz Awardee
Dave - 13/6/2005 4:01 PM

Unfortunately shoot throughs aren't as easy to spot as bouncers. :(</p>
True, but if you find your arrow behind the target, with its fletchings ripped off and straw stuck all over them, then a judge should be able to use his discretion and allow another arrow. (I had this debate on the shooting line recently! :eek: )

Mick

Ironman
Afraid there's not much excuse for suffering more than one pass through, after the first you must do something about it. In competition call for the judge and ask for the boss to be either replaced or reinforced. At the club replace it or hang a mat behind it.