Separated at birth?

Berny

I've been trying to id the bow on the left/top for 2-3 years with no luck
- been wondering if it's a homer.
....Until the one on the right appeared recently
- it's also anon with no identifying info. on it.
One interesting point: Backing on back of handle section is formica or similar - not glass.

Any opinions anyone?

dannykaye

Looks like a forest knight or one of their other bows to me. Sold by Marksman, I used to have a forest prince and then a knight when I was in school so my memory is a bit rusty. Nice bows

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like a forest knight or one of their other bows to me. Sold by Marksman, I used to have a forest prince and then a knight when I was in school so my memory is a bit rusty. Nice bows

Berny

No it's neither of those - I have a couple of Forest Knight's & Forest Princesses,
....which are/were predominantly rosewood handles.

- - - Updated - - -

Berny

Maybe some further speculation may jay someone's memory:
the nearest it looks to any other bow is a Bear Tamerlane
....these came out circa 62-63.
Anecdotally, when I acquired mine (the left/top/lighter one), it was purported to have been
a gift in '72 but (already 2nd hand/pre-loved) & possibly acquired from new in late 60s.

Anyone remember Bear Tamerlane copies being advertised?
How about Don Harkness? Anybody familiar with his work? Got any pics?

Tuck

I was about to say that the darker bow is a Tamerlane, probably an early version as it lacks the in built sight rail and spring rest. Mine is a 68/69 model with both features. Wing made some similar bows?

Berny

Don't think it is a Bear Tamerlane - popular opinion is that it would have a bear coin on it somewhere if it was.

It just bears some similarities to a Wing Presentation I

Some people think it's maybe an early Black Widow,but still no seen any pics that are the same - as usual there are similarities
but that's it. Below a Zopf copy(?) of a Black Widow.

I was about to say that the darker bow is a Tamerlane, probably an early version as it lacks the in built sight rail and spring rest. Mine is a 68/69 model with both features. Wing made some similar bows?