Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Discuss Thinning Shooting lines at the General Archery Discussion & News within Archery Interchange Forums; I've been seeing a number of shoots having to be cancelled due to lack of ...
    Thanks

Thinning Shooting lines

I've been seeing a number of shoots having to be cancelled due to lack of entries and those that have been on there has been a number of empty spaces on the targets.

I was wondering why people aren't attending shoots as much anymore?

Price of entry, cost of travel, length of shoot?

Just curious really to hear the communities views.
    Longbows, the real bows.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Perhaps it's lifestyle changes, partly.
    From what I remember of the 80's 90's the same people were at all the shoots I attended; with the occasional newer archer. Those regular attenders are now out of archery for age related reasons.
    The lifestyle of many newer archers is quite different from that of the previous generation. Busier lives in some ways, more things to fit in. And travel can be a pain because of increased traffic wherever you go. Archery, for some, is just one of the pastimes they dabble in... I see very few who will make strings or assemble arrows. Their interest in archery seems to be "shallow" compared to that of the archers who were around when I started. Shooting rounds is as far as many want to go. Some of our better archers, seem very interested, then you find they already do other sports and those take priority. Archery is something they do when their main sport is not happening.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I think there is often a school holiday and family holiday dip in some activities.
    Del
    Health Warning:- These posts may contain traces of nut.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I think there is often a school holiday and family holiday dip in some activities.
    Del
    Health Warning:- These posts may contain traces of nut.

It's an X AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    ahhh, this old topic... whilst numbers for this year aren't in yet, over the last few years the numbers of people attending competitions has gone up. The difference is, I suspect, is what shoots people are going to. Both how well they are run, what rounds they are and clashes with other shoots. A shoot local to our club lost the 15-20 archers from our club after moving their shoot forward a week so it clashed with our club champs.

That an advertising shoots to local clubs so people know your shoot is on.
    Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence

It's an X AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    ahhh, this old topic... whilst numbers for this year aren't in yet, over the last few years the numbers of people attending competitions has gone up. The difference is, I suspect, is what shoots people are going to. Both how well they are run, what rounds they are and clashes with other shoots. A shoot local to our club lost the 15-20 archers from our club after moving their shoot forward a week so it clashed with our club champs.

That an advertising shoots to local clubs so people know your shoot is on.
    Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast