Vegas round scoring... puzzled?

sunmouse

Can someone tell me how the gold rings are scored for a Vegas round, shot in the UK by UK GNAS rules and shot on a compound unlimited? Is it just the inner gold (with the X) which scores the 10 or is it the inner gold (with the X) then the next circle, then the outer circle scoring 9?

ie

Inner circle (with - X) = 10
inner circle = 10
Outer circle = 9

or
Inner circle (with X) = 10
then inner circle = 9
Outer circle = 9

I have read previous threads and am still confused?

Thanks for help.

AndyJ

Don't hold me to it buddy (since i'm still a newbie to this), but I believe it's the smaller inner circle which has the X in, that is counted as a 10, everything else is a 9

So like this:
X circle = 10
Inner circle = 9
Outer circle = 9

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
for the GNAS round it's the smaller (X) ring that counts for a compound ten with the recurve 10 being a nine.

For the US Vegas round compounds score inner and outer tens as 10.

field14

Can someone tell me how the gold rings are scored for a Vegas round, shot in the UK by UK GNAS rules and shot on a compound unlimited? Is it just the inner gold (with the X) which scores the 10 or is it the inner gold (with the X) then the next circle, then the outer circle scoring 9?

ie

Inner circle (with - X) = 10 (and keep track of how many)
inner circle = 10
Outer circle (rest of the GOLD) = 9

or
then inner circle = 9
Outer circle = 9

I have read previous threads and am still confused?
Thanks for help.
See in RED above for the scoring, and in addition:

They count the "inner 10's", known by us Americans as the "Baby-X" for TIE BREAKERS in the flights.

For the Championship Division (not the flights), they make them count those inner 10's...but when it comes to the shootoffs (those tied at 900 total), then the slate is wiped clean. Even if a person shot 900 with 90 Baby-x's....He/she does NOT automatically win, but rather has to go to the shootoff dead "Even Steven" with those others that also shot 900. Basically, in this case, said person has to win it TWICE..shooting the 90X's during the first three rounds doesn't mean squat....A guy with ONE Baby-X and a 900 total score is in the same shootoff.

field14 (Tom D.)

Anna K

Ironman
See in RED above for the scoring, and in addition:

They count the "inner 10's", known by us Americans as the "Baby-X" for TIE BREAKERS in the flights.

For the Championship Division (not the flights), they make them count those inner 10's...but when it comes to the shootoffs (those tied at 900 total), then the slate is wiped clean. Even if a person shot 900 with 90 Baby-x's....He/she does NOT automatically win, but rather has to go to the shootoff dead "Even Steven" with those others that also shot 900. Basically, in this case, said person has to win it TWICE..shooting the 90X's during the first three rounds doesn't mean squat....A guy with ONE Baby-X and a 900 total score is in the same shootoff.

field14 (Tom D.)
This is for the round shot in Vegas. The UK Vegas round (as asked for) is what Andy and Bimble have said. Also, in the handicap tables the VEgas round is the same as the 3 spot Fita 18.

Wizard

This is for the round shot in Vegas. The UK Vegas round (as asked for) is what Andy and Bimble have said. Also, in the handicap tables the VEgas round is the same as the 3 spot Fita 18.
How can the handicap tables for the 2 rounds be the same when they are totally different degree of difficulty. The Vegas round is much easier. Same degree of difficulty for recurve scoring but not compound where in 3 spot Fita only the X counts as 10 unlike the vegas round inner and outer 10's both count as 10, unlike what Trunkles is about to post. I can see into the future cos I'm a wizard.
Maybe Vegas is purely a compound round, as for recurve it is exactly the same as a 18 metre FITA.

I think you must be wrong there Anna K.

Trunkles

The American
American Shoot
Rule 404 is the one you want to look at - all indoor rounds for for compound score 10 only for the inner 10 - the outer 10 is scored as a nine.

!!!

Can someone tell me how the gold rings are scored for a Vegas round, shot in the UK by UK GNAS rules and shot on a compound unlimited? ie
then inner circle = 9
Outer circle = 9

GNAS rules can be found here
GNAS - Target
you need rule 404 re scoring
and rule 409 for the Vegas round

hope this helps

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
The GNAS Vegas round is 60 arrows using the inner ten (for compounds). It is still shot on the triangular three spot face. Imagine shooting a FITA18, but on the Vegas face.

You're thinking of the Las Vegas, Vegas round which is 30 arrows (x3) using the outer ten.

Two different rounds but the same name.

How can the handicap tables for the 2 rounds be the same when they are totally different degree of difficulty. The Vegas round is much easier.

Anna K

Ironman
How can the handicap tables for the 2 rounds be the same when they are totally different degree of difficulty. The Vegas round is much easier. Same degree of difficulty for recurve scoring but not compound where in 3 spot Fita only the X counts as 10 unlike the vegas round inner and outer 10's both count as 10, unlike what Trunkles is about to post. I can see into the future cos I'm a wizard.
Maybe Vegas is purely a compound round, as for recurve it is exactly the same as a 18 metre FITA.

As Bimble said, there are two entirely different rounds:

Round shot at Las Vegas - vertical 3 spot, recurve 10 is also compound 10 (ie inner and outer 10 both count for compound)

GNAS Vegas Round - triangular 3 spot, inner 10 only for compound. Must shoot arrow 1 at face 1, arrow 2 at 2 and arrow 3 at 3.

Therefore the GNAS Vegas round is the same scoring as for a FITA 18, the difference is the face and the arrow/face rules.

Last edited:

Wizard

thanks Anna K.

what are the differences in the target 'face'?

you sound like a nice polite person Anna K, I respect that. :)

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Close, but the Vegas shot in Las Vegas is also shot on the triangular 3 spot. At least for compounds... I think some of the other divisions use a single spot face.

Round shot at Las Vegas - vertical 3 spot, recurve 10 is also compound 10 (ie inner and outer 10 both count for compound)

G

GuardianAngel

I think you are also allowed to shoot with arrows bigger than 2315 at the Las Vegas shoot.

Anna K

Ironman
Close, but the Vegas shot in Las Vegas is also shot on the triangular 3 spot. At least for compounds... I think some of the other divisions use a single spot face.
Ah I thought I'd seen them on vertical - thanks for the correction.

Wizard - my comment about the differences is face (meaning vertical/triangular) is wrong.