Discuss 3D/Field Archery course at the English Archery Beginner Courses within Archery Interchange Forums; Hi, im not exactly sure how 3D/Field courses work, I was thinking hoping they were ...
    In the White

3D/Field Archery course

Hi, im not exactly sure how 3D/Field courses work,

I was thinking hoping they were like a golf course where you can turn up and pay and go around with out having to join a club, is that how some work?

Im in south Oxfordshire, are there any near that area?
    More beginner oriented if possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It doesn't quite work like that - it's better. Join a NFAS club (assuming you want NFAS ) they will train you, when signed off as ok you then go shoot round the wood basically when you like for as long as you like. As regards show up and shoot - you wouldn't want to go anywhere where this was allowed without being a signed off member of a club. You need a certain level of trust that you're not going to turn a corner and be faced with an untrained archer at full draw.
    Windrush have a great wood in Oxfordshire but check out the others on the clubs page of the NFAS website (such as it is ). For info. there's also EFAA and GNAS field if you fancy having a quick search around.
    P.S. Joining the society for a year is less than a round of golf at most places.
    Noli habere bovis, vir. - Bart

It's an X AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Yeah, the only 3D course that I know of that is 'turn up and shoot' is Wye Valley over near Chepstow.
    Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence

In the Gold AIUK subscriber. dvd8n's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bimble View Post
    Yeah, the only 3D course that I know of that is 'turn up and shoot' is Wye Valley over near Chepstow.
    I was on holiday near there last year and had no idea that it was there. If I'd known I would have taken my kit and had a go there.
    Where are my dancing penguins? I was promised penguins ............

In the White
    Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk