Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: animal tagets

In the Blue
    Thanks
    I would like to try it that is all. I have no problem with anyone else doing it, eating meat whatever, its just that I would rather not shoot at representations of animals. if there was a shape beside the target I could shoot at or even if I could shoot at a tree stump next to the target that would be fine. surely the essence of field archery is the shooting of an arrow at random sized targets at random distances, I am no asking anyone else not to, its not my business

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Not all field is NFAS
    EFAA and ABG/WA offer a lot of rounds with different coloured circular targets. Its just as popular but pretty boring to take photos of, so there's less pics. But seriously, you do know you shot a *weapon*, right?
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

In the Blue
    Thanks
    yes I know its a weapon, (in my hands its more dangerous to me!) read about something called roving where you just walk about and shoot at tree stumps, cans any old fly tipped stuff, thats more what i had n mind. I am not trying to be difficult, I do not have a prob with anyone else shooting a rubber targets its just not for me

Thanks
    Sounds like you would be happiest doing EFAA. There's not a chance a NFAS club will put you an alternative at the side as that would be twice the work and bosses as well as opening it up to us lot to nominate whichever shot was easiest and we could score the most off.
    Noli habere bovis, vir. - Bart

In the Blue
    Thanks
    good point, I had not considered the extra work setting out. I will just look around for some where that is already set up how I would like it and if not, I will just stick with target

Thanks
    Most ArcheryGB field is shot at roundels as is EFAA.

Having said that, I know a few vegetarians that shoot at animal faces quite happily, understanding that while it comes from archery as a hunting activity, in this country it's just now just an archery discipline that requires different skills to roundels.

In a way, it's no more condoning the killing of animals than FPS video games condone the killing of humans, sport fencing condones duelling or, to take it to ridiculous extremes, angry birds condones the shooting of birds out of catapults.

You are just shooting at a drawing on paper, or foam rubber animals.
    Where are my dancing penguins? I was promised penguins ............

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dvd8n For This Useful Post:

AndyW (10-05-18)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast