AIUK Field Archers

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Who's up for forming an AIUK Field Archers club? It's been pointing out in the Fleet Ibex thread that you only need three NFAS archer to form a club and grounds aren't necessary.

Would anyone be interested?
Can I tempt any of you independents??? [/tempt]

Raedwald

Hmmm - why only independants?

Sounds like a good idea to me, already being an NFAS member & all that. :cheerful:

All we have to do is conform to this:

# NFAS Club Definition
NFAS members who group together to foster and promote Field Archery under the auspices of the NFAS can call themselves a club. They will be recognised as such by the NFAS providing they comply with the following:-

1. Each club must send to the NFAS secretary a copy of their own constitution which must not conflict in any way with the rules and constitution of the NFAS.
2. Each club must have a minimum of three members; of which two must be registered with the NFAS secretary as club contacts.
3. The members may choose any name ot title that they wish for their club providing that (a) it is not already in use by another club, (b) the name or title is not offensive.

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I just assumed those with a club wouldn't be interested in forming an AIUK field group.

Fox, the benefit would be shooting with a fun group of people from the board.

Fox

That came out wrong......

Erm, if i wanted to shoot NFAS, do I just need to be an NFAS member or do i need to be in an NFAS club as well?

Last time I shot 3D in the UK, it was ok if you were a GNAS member, you didnt need NFAS.

Raedwald

That came out wrong......

Erm, if i wanted to shoot NFAS, do I just need to be an NFAS member or do i need to be in an NFAS club as well?

Last time I shot 3D in the UK, it was ok if you were a GNAS member, you didnt need NFAS.
Well, to enter an NFAS shoot, be covered by there insurance, etc, all you need to be is a member of the NFAS, there is no need to be a part of a club, persay (whatever Clayton Woodsmen might think......)

As for governing bodies, they are all seperate - being a member of one does not cover you for shoots organised under the auspecies (sp!) of another. So, for example, I can't partake in a GNAS shoot as I'm not a member (I'm NFAS/EFAA)

Jumile

Ironman
NFAS membership can be with or without a club. Unlike GNAS, it's really quite simple: leave the Club section empty when you fill in the application form and you'll receive your card with "Independent" as the name of the club.

Then you simply book into a shoot, flash your NFAS card on the day, and Robert's your mother's brother. Which, in my case, he is. ;)

Fox

Are there any decent shoots coming up in the north, one of the reasons I havent done one for so long was i found it very cliquey and nobody wanted to tell you what was going on, nobody replied to emails that i sent out to clubs and nobody wanted to tell you locations because they thought you were a rubber deer robber.

Last one I did was in Lincolnshire 6 years ago and I had to shoot with this cold miserable woman who moaned it was snowing all day long with blue hands............................shes now my wife.

Raedwald

Are there any decent shoots coming up in the north, one of the reasons I havent done one for so long was i found it very cliquey and nobody wanted to tell you what was going on, nobody replied to emails that i sent out to clubs and nobody wanted to tell you locations because they thought you were a rubber deer robber.

Last one I did was in Lincolnshire 6 years ago and I had to shoot with this cold miserable woman who moaned it was snowing all day long with blue hands............................shes now my wife.
Have a look on the NFAS website : http://www.nfas.net/

Fox

that could be the one then, I shot the NCAS and yorkhire champs there in October.

Is it 3D or animal faces?

Field Archer

I've had a look at their website, it says 36 big game. Normally that would mean faces, but I shot one yesterday and it was all 3D. Best send an email to the organiser.

stever

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
My self and some others from Northumberland would be up for it as we dont seem to have any up here

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Who's up for forming an AIUK Field Archers club? It's been pointing out in the Fleet Ibex thread that you only need three NFAS archer to form a club and grounds aren't necessary.

Would anyone be interested?
Can I tempt any of you independents??? [/tempt]
Sounds cool to me. I suppose it would probably be about 500 miles from where I live though :(. I'd certainly try to pop in for a shoot occasionally cause I got my NFAS card :)

JohnK

Sounds like a nice idea, but being a member of club and not an independent it's probably not for me, unless a club ground that happened to be close by was set up.

Good luck getting something sorted, though :)

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
It's just for a bit of fun. I don't see why you couldn't be a club member and an AIUK field archer. You can affiliate to more than one club in GNAS, so I'm sure you can in NFAS.

Haywain

I just assumed those with a club wouldn't be interested in forming an AIUK field group.

Fox, the benefit would be shooting with a fun group of people from the board.
There are lots of NFAS members who belong to more than one club, mainly so they can get more shoot practice in on different grounds. I initially joined as an independent until I found a club to shoot at, but saying that I was Independent for all of a week, because I found one pretty quickly.

JohnK

I'm not saying I can't or couldn't, just that I probably wouldn't. I'm already a member of three clubs, so a fourth would be considered excessive by any reasonable measure :)

FlightyRachel

Fonz Awardee
I'm not saying I can't or couldn't, just that I probably wouldn't. I'm already a member of three clubs, so a fourth would be considered excessive by any reasonable measure :)
And you wouldn't join any club that would have you as a member, would you John? ;)