CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree21Likes
Discuss Archery Rediscovered! at the 3D & Field Archery within Archery Interchange Forums; Cheers Aleatorian, I foolow that now. I think shooting target all the time can lead ...
    It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Cheers Aleatorian, I foolow that now.
    I think shooting target all the time can lead to a slow creeping into habits that go undetected. We, in a way, deaden our sensitivity to what is happening. A coach might spot these failings, but I feel it is possible to do some self help, by changing from the routine and shooting something different.
    Changes do not need to be costly or dramatic. Remove the sight or stabs or use a different style of bow( borrow for a short period) Shoot at home made target faces... beer mats or post cards, anything that won't hurt the arrows.Put the boss on the ground resting against the stand; shoot clout if possible.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Cheers Aleatorian, I foolow that now.
    I think shooting target all the time can lead to a slow creeping into habits that go undetected. We, in a way, deaden our sensitivity to what is happening. A coach might spot these failings, but I feel it is possible to do some self help, by changing from the routine and shooting something different.
    Changes do not need to be costly or dramatic. Remove the sight or stabs or use a different style of bow( borrow for a short period) Shoot at home made target faces... beer mats or post cards, anything that won't hurt the arrows.Put the boss on the ground resting against the stand; shoot clout if possible.
    Andyt23 likes this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to geoffretired For This Useful Post:

rmonclermc10071 (16-11-17)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by English Bowman View Post
    I agree with your sentiment, but some of our top Olympic archers are also field archers. Naomi Folkard and Patrick Huston are both active field archers, and Olympians. One thing that I'd like to see happen is some of the gods of NFAS come and shoot GNAS and vice virsa. I'd love to see a tournament open to all archers and less division.
    If there's a higher power in the firmament I will live to see / compete in it.
    The comment wasn't meant as derisory just a personal view. A lot are multi society but it tends to be NFAS / EFAA so as they can go to the WBHC and EBHC etc. EFAA membership gives you affiliation for the internationals for 20 a year. Taking nothing away from anyone it's not for me - I've no interest in shooting away from the UK and that's the view the NFAS is based on. If the day ever comes when I win the nationals and 3D champs a couple of years running then maybe but I can't even beat my little brother yet on a regular basis.
    A UK all comers field comp. bring it on.
    Noli habere bovis, vir. - Bart

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AndyW For This Useful Post:

In the Black
    Thanks
    I came across this yesterday - https://www.3darchery.co.uk - I don't know much about it, but at a glance it looks 'open to all' with regards to bridging the gap between NFAS / GNAS etc.
    Andyt23 and English Bowman like this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vivilanco For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345