Avalon

RichardH

Can I be the first to thank the Avalon team for a superb day's shooting? Sad to have only been able to shoot the Sunday, but a good time was had by all - particularly Kell our son, who came home with his first trophy for his day's score of 434 in U12 longbow.

BAD bison!

Malcy

The American
American Shoot
Can I be the first to thank the Avalon team for a superb day's shooting? Sad to have only been able to shoot the Sunday, but a good time was had by all - particularly Kell our son, who came home with his first trophy for his day's score of 434 in U12 longbow.

BAD bison!
Oh I missed you on Sunday Richard, would have been nice to meet you. What target did you start on? I was 27....a few targets behind some really fast shooters!!

I would also like to congrtulate the organisers. I loved the Bison shot across the valley on Sunday, even though I missed, it was great to watch...(don't ever lose that shot!!!)

Field Archer

Avalon really excelled themselves this time, worthy of a champs course.

I was on target 31 and I must apologise for the hold up that our group (well one member, not me) caused on Sunday.

ferret

Fonz Awardee
yes it was a great weekend really challenging course, very slow group in front ,every time had to wait for some grey haired guy in an orage shirt to shoot he seemed to take ages (must be retired and used to taking things easy) well done Shel on silver in a very hard fought comp.

FlightyRachel

Fonz Awardee
I was sorry to miss the Sunday, but...Father's Day and all that, I was cooking a roast! The Saturday course was fantastic... You'll have to tell me about all the changes! Imagine, my score would have been even worse second day, from the sound of it. :meditate:

Very sorry not to meet you and your family, Richard. It seems my Joe has a rival now! He is used to being the only longbow cub on shoots!

RichardH

Ha - yes, I saw his score on the Saturday results, and assumed he'd be shooting on the Sunday as well, so didn't think Kell would get anything, but he shot superbly - only his second field shoot (his first being the Avalon one earlier in the year). And to think he was grumbling about getting up early and it being an all day thing.

We started on target 19, and had fellow club members (13 of us in all turned up!) in front and behind of us, so it was a nice sociable event.

The Bison was a beast (so to speak) - especially for us poor longbowers - but as Malcy says, great to watch! It did slow things up a bit, but I think everyone would say that it was worth it. However, because it was near the tea tent which allowed people to "unbunch", everything straightened out again.

Here's a couple of pics:

Kell's big brother Niall shooting at the Bison:

We had lovely weather - the woods looked fantastic. Here's Jane on a deer:

Here's Kell shooting at the zebra:

Field Archer

you forgot to mention after all this effort the poor guy broke the arrow getting it out.
I also forgot to say that it was about 9, or 10 feet off the ground and the next day someone else in Provins' group shot an arrow in the same branch. He climbed up, edged his way along the branch, it snapped and he hit the ground, still holding the branch.

FlightyRachel

Fonz Awardee
LOL, it's the way you tell 'em, Paul!

How much would I have liked to see that?? :rotfl:
It was lovely to see you again, btw.