Ballands,01/09/06

FERRETMAN

What a fantastic day. Ok, so a little rain, but what do you expect. It was my first field shoot at Ballands (near Mere in Somerset?). Weather was atrocious in the morn ,but that did little to dampen my spirits for the first time I had my sights off of my recurve since i started shooting proper last December. What more could you ask than to roam our beutiful countryside and partake of your favourite sport at the same time. I shoot with Osprey Archers and helped set up our own field shoot this year though did not get to shoot the whole course. I joined NFAS and decided it was high time to indulge myself, and become a part of our field team(we are actually a target club, the field archers being an elite , obviously). I hope to get to Ashcombe this Sun if possible and to carry on field archering as my lady wife calls it. A big hats off to those who help set up and take down the days events and hope to be involved in many more. Hope to be using a longbow too when i can afford and find the right one.
Jus' had to let you know!