Border shoot

JohnK

Malcy and I were mad enough to get utterly drenched in the woodlands of the Scottish Borders this weekend just past. We tackled a real hard-core hunter's field course - short to medium range targets, extremely tricky terrain, forty shooting "lanes" with seventy six 3D targets and one arrow per target.

I renewed past acquaintances and both Malcy and I made new ones, especially Malcy who did an excellent job of furthering international relations :) There were archers from Denmark, Ireland, France, Germany... they even overlooked the fact that we were English and let us in anyway ;)

Very few photos to speak of I'm afraid - it was so wet I didn't dare get my camera out for any decent length of time. But when I have uploaded what I have I'll post a link.

Cheers Malcy - hope you had a good journey back :)

Malcy

The American
American Shoot
This is definately the best field shoot I have been to. Having only ever done NFAS 3Ds this was a totally different concept, 1 shot per target, makes it so much more interesting. The course was brilliantly laid out with some really difficult shots making you think about which peg to shoot each target.

We met some great people and even though it was raining nearly the whole time, everyone still went out and gave it their best. Well done to everyone :)

Big thanks to all who put in so much effort to organise it. The Balls are a fantastic family who made everyone feel so welcome. Thanks to Sid Jr for the entertainment, bad jokes and the factory tour. He sorted me out with a nice set of TXGs, can't wait to try them out :D (Yes another one with a Helix/Border combo to constantly rave on about how good they are) I just need to save up for a nice one piece bow now :)