Dearne Valley

Old Bloke

Thank God I'm not driving to that strange and foreign land called Yorkshire this weekend to shoot the Dearne valley two day. The frozen North.

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Wimps!!!

I'll be there at 9.00 in the morning, to pick-up my little tractor and spending all day tomorrow and Saturday setting-up

Won't be there Sunday for the 1st days shooting as I'll be at Harrogate clouting with LMP, but I'll be saying hello to one and all on Monday.

Mick

BobCat

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
Looking at the weather forecast, I would hope its a Snowcat:raspberry

Trunkles

The American
American Shoot
Wimps!!!

I'll be there at 9.00 in the morning, to pick-up my little tractor and spending all day tomorrow and Saturday setting-up

Won't be there Sunday for the 1st days shooting as I'll be at Harrogate clouting with LMP, but I'll be saying hello to one and all on Monday.

Mick
See you in Harrogate then

NeilvZ

I?m going to Dearne. And sitting here watching the sleet out of my window 180 miles to the south, I?m not the happiest of bunnies. :gloomy: A quick look at the weather forecast shows they upgraded Monday from snow to sunshine. They changed Sunday to heavy snow though. Not sure if that?s better than the previous forecast of sleet or not. I wonder how many pairs of gloves you can wear at once. And does anyone know if nose warmers really exist, and where I can get my hands (or nose) on one before tomorrow!? :cold:

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Didn't make it there today. :( I was snowed in badly, and the roads were impassable till 10:00 - assembly time at Dearne. By the earliest time I could have got there, shooting would have been well under way.

Wot a mouldy chiz. I've been looking forward to this shoot all winter, too. Hopefully I'll make it for tomorrow.

Deadeye Doc

Is this one of the reasons that might be added to the current archery poll? Does it come under inclement weather?:bang:

Oh, you just did.:mischievo

Shirt

It was GREAT fun. Y'all missed a treat... two inches of snow on the practice field to walk through and small, heavy snow showers throughout Saturday. Sunday was clearer, warm to start and got very cold later with again a few small bits of snow.

(I'm just a bit happy because I got a shiny badge - yay!)

Shirt

That's right! As Homer Simpson said, "the two greatest words in the english language - de fault!"

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
It was GREAT fun. Y'all missed a treat... two inches of snow on the practice field to walk through and small, heavy snow showers throughout Saturday. Sunday was clearer, warm to start and got very cold later with again a few small bits of snow.

(I'm just a bit happy because I got a shiny badge - yay!)
There's no wonder you won, Tom, everyone else turned up on Sunday and Monday. :raspberry

Mick