EFAA / IFAA clubs , courses near North East.

chrispy

Are there any clubs , courses, tournaments anywhere near North East England, I live in South Shields near Newcastle.I know there are some NFAS but I stringwalk and thats a no no. Chris

Neilscoutb

HI Chris your nearest NFAS affiliated club is ours Clegwell Archers in Hebburn at Clegwell CA Mountbatten Avenue, although we have 3d targets and a field, and a small indoor venue, its certainly not a course, our members often use Butsfield (Butsfield Bowmen | Facebook) but i think there is a course near Whitby (Stonebow).

If you already have NFAS membership then shooting fees are ?4 no club membership required at the moment as we are waiting for the big hall to be given back to us as its being refurbished.

We Shoot Sundays from 10-3pm and on a saturday by appointment.

Hope this helps
Neil

Berny

As per my recent response on FB, have you taken a look at the freestyle class - it allows stringwalking

Freestyle (FS)
A bow of any draw-weight, but not a compound bow or crossbow, may be used.
Subject to the ?NFAS Rules of Shooting?, archers shooting in this class have complete
freedom of choice of equipment, with the exception that no form of release aid is allowed and
no electrically powered or electronic equipment can be used (eg laser sights, lights on sights).
The sight may be moved at will during shooting.
Attachments, knots or bands of any size or design (including a peep sight) may be used on
the string irrespective of whether the use is for aiding the sighting or shooting technique.Any draw-length checking mechanism may be used.

Needless to say if you are really shooting barebow, you may well end up up competing against all kinds of other stuff in this class.
Are there any clubs , courses, tournaments anywhere near North East England, I live in South Shields near Newcastle.I know there are some NFAS but I stringwalk and thats a no no. Chris