AIUK Ironman Challenge 2014
Discuss EFAA / IFAA clubs , courses near North East. at the 3D & Field Archery within Archery Interchange UK Forums; Are there any clubs , courses, tournaments anywhere near North East England, I live in ...
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks

EFAA / IFAA clubs , courses near North East.

Are there any clubs , courses, tournaments anywhere near North East England, I live in South Shields near Newcastle.I know there are some NFAS but I stringwalk and thats a no no. Chris

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only £1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    HI Chris your nearest NFAS affiliated club is ours Clegwell Archers in Hebburn at Clegwell CA Mountbatten Avenue, although we have 3d targets and a field, and a small indoor venue, its certainly not a course, our members often use Butsfield (Butsfield Bowmen | Facebook) but i think there is a course near Whitby (Stonebow).

If you already have NFAS membership then shooting fees are £4 no club membership required at the moment as we are waiting for the big hall to be given back to us as its being refurbished.

We Shoot Sundays from 10-3pm and on a saturday by appointment.

Hope this helps
    Neil

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    As per my recent response on FB, have you taken a look at the freestyle class - it allows stringwalking

Freestyle (FS)
    A bow of any draw-weight, but not a compound bow or crossbow, may be used.
    Subject to the ‘NFAS Rules of Shooting’, archers shooting in this class have complete
    freedom of choice of equipment, with the exception that no form of release aid is allowed and
    no electrically powered or electronic equipment can be used (eg laser sights, lights on sights).
    The sight may be moved at will during shooting.
    Attachments, knots or bands of any size or design (including a peep sight) may be used on
    the string irrespective of whether the use is for aiding the sighting or shooting technique.Any draw-length checking mechanism may be used.

Needless to say if you are really shooting barebow, you may well end up up competing against all kinds of other stuff in this class.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
    Are there any clubs , courses, tournaments anywhere near North East England, I live in South Shields near Newcastle.I know there are some NFAS but I stringwalk and thats a no no. Chris
    ArcheryDuns