Field newbie

kool4katz

Hi' I spent most of this afternoon in glorious sunshine on my first field shoot at Fleet Ibex.

Gotta say i was blown away by the experience.

I have a longbow being made for me which i should get in a week or so and i can't wait. I'm busy making some arrows up as well so the whole traditional thing is awsome.

I have been wanting to do this for some time now and i was'nt dissapointed.Great stuff.

FlightyRachel

Fonz Awardee
Everyone should try it, shouldn't they? Last week Mayflower Archers had a 'field challenge' over at Panthers Field Club, to introduce the Mayflowers to the joys of field. It's a shame more clubs don't get together and do this sort of thing I think.

Field Archer

Hi' I spent most of this afternoon in glorious sunshine on my first field shoot at Fleet Ibex.

Gotta say i was blown away by the experience.

I have a longbow being made for me which i should get in a week or so and i can't wait. I'm busy making some arrows up as well so the whole traditional thing is awsome.

I have been wanting to do this for some time now and i was'nt dissapointed.Great stuff.
Good t see another convert. Hope to see you at Fleet's next open shoot in August.

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Field is the best form of archery, without doubt. I wish I could do it more often.

But ya gotta try it in the rain and mud, tho!

Jumile

Ironman
Glad your first experience of field was at Fleet Ibex. :D It was my first 3D shoot (and my second field shoot ever, the AIUK Weekender being my first) and I was blow away by it. Brilliant!

I'll be there in August, too. Keep yours eyes open for the forumites. Many of us will probably be wearing various AIUK merchandise, so should be hard to miss. ;)

Haywain

It's good to see another field convert and I hope to see most of you at the next Fleet shoot.

Be prepared for this one, it's the hardest one of the year, the foliage is at it's greenest and thickest, and I'm sure our venerable course layers will be thinking of some wicked shots for you all (hopefully with at least one clear lane for each archer).

I'm hoping to beat my children this time round! :burp:

SLOWHAND

I'm hoping to beat my children this time round! :burp:[/QUOTE]

I beat my children frequently, I find a stiff length of cane the most effective!

kool4katz

Be prepared for this one, it's the hardest one of the year, the foliage is at it's greenest and thickest, and I'm sure our venerable course layers will be thinking of some wicked shots for you all (hopefully with at least one clear lane for each archer)
You're not kidding about the ferns lol. Terry had to cut them back on a few targets so that we could see them and some of the greenery was well above head height. Made it all the more interesting and ableit amusing tho.

Haywain

You're not kidding about the ferns lol. Terry had to cut them back on a few targets so that we could see them and some of the greenery was well above head height. Made it all the more interesting and ableit amusing tho.
That's why they have this shoot at this time of year.....all those folks rummaging around for lost arrows makes it easier when us club members turn up for the normal practice the week after. :duck:

Haywain

Just as a matter of interest Haywain,was Sheila's arrow recovered from the tree adjacent to the 50yd downhill buffalo.
The one that Glen had to shoot from the blue peg after longbows and primitives had first arrowed it?
The buffalo someone using sights missed with two arrows and needed a third????? :stirthepo

The buffalo most of the unsighted archers hit first arrow????? :stirthepo

Mind you tree shots are normally my forte, but not this time. I'll have to speak to Terry and Keith to find out. There were a few arrows in the bucket last week, but I haven't ventured into that part of the woods since the shoot. I suspect it will have though, we don't like leaving them.

Malcy

The American
American Shoot
Just as a matter of interest Haywain,was Sheila's arrow recovered from the tree adjacent to the 50yd downhill buffalo.
The one that Glen had to shoot from the blue peg after longbows and primitives had first arrowed it?
So the buffalo is 50 yds...and what number is that target then? :raspberry