Here we go again!

Old Bloke

Well, I've taken the plunge and with my NFAS membership card in hand, got the bow out and lobbed 3 dozen in the garden. Despite a 12 month layoff didn't feel that bad and will crack another 3 dozen tomorrow. Should be o.K. by the end of the month to shoot the 30 x 3d at Ballands. That'll be a laugh, haven't shot an NFAS for about 5 years! Must take plenty of arrows!!!!

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I know an old bloke who makes really nice quivers if you're in the market...

Old Bloke

I'm O.K. with the orange quiver, orange scorebook, orange baseball cap and orange fletchings and nocks I have thanks.
But when I need a new one I'll give him a call.

Thanks.

Field Archer

You might need to step up the training Kenobi, according to the NFAS website there will be 36 3Ds .

You won?t need loads of arrows, NFAS has moved on since you have been away. We all get given a personal caddy, who carries all our equipment and hands us the right arrow. He even pulls the arrow after we have scored, then searches for any if we miss, cleaning them before putting it back in the quiver.

Old Bloke

Hmmmmm, 36 eh? I'd probably only have to shoot 30 to win it.

Do they still have field archery groupies in the NFAS? I like the idea of the caddies, but I will probably have to have my neck and shoulders massaged afterwards, so as I say, can you still find a groupie at these shoots?

Field Archer

I will probably have to have my neck and shoulders massaged afterwards, so as I say, can you still find a groupie at these shoots?
No problem, your caddy will take you to the massage tent when you have finished the shoot.

Groupies you will have to watch out for, field archery is now such a high profile sport that they flock to these events, your caddy will help to keep them back.

Old Bloke

and do they still wear those multi -coloured over the knee socks which are then turned down to cover the rim of their wellington boots?

Old Bloke

....and do they still wear knitted pom pom hats with a fuzzy ball on top that you just want to go up to and squeeze?

Kae

The American
American Shoot
....and do they still wear knitted pom pom hats with a fuzzy ball on top that you just want to go up to and squeeze?
I worry about older gentlemen that like to just go upto people and squeeze things............. :p

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I worry about older gentlemen that like to just go upto people and squeeze things............. :p
Actually, that's what I *like* about them! Without them, I never get squeezed! :laughing:

stever

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Thats all the fun some of us 'old men' get these days.

Old Bloke

Ahhh, now I know why I've been missing field archery. Can't wait to smell the bacon and onions wafting through the woods, the fresh smell of freshly disturbed swamp gas, the O'h so comforting toilet tents with busted zippers and the soggy toilet paper because someone put the roll out the night before to save time on the day, the pegs placed in ankle deep water, the non use of natural back stops just so that we can stay longer on the course and sample more of the delights from the tea tents and the issue of non waterproof scorecards when it has been forcast rain all day. Ahhh, yes, bring it on!!!
Ballands here we come...................unless it is raining of course.

Old Bloke

Ballands 3D (1st Oct)

Can anyone help with details of the Ballands, NFAS 36 3D in Oct? It is a dead link on the NFAS web site.