Jungle Jaunt or Lyme Valley 25th?

JohnK

Ever since I first heard about Jim's Jungle Jaunt I've wanted to take part, and this year it seems it might be possible. However, on the same weekend (30th June-1st July) Lyme Valley are also holding a two-day shoot as a 25th anniversary celebration.

So what to do? Jaunt all the way down to the Jaunt, or keep it local and save the expense of travel and B&Bs?

Any suggestions? Is the Jaunt really as good as I hear?

Mrs_Radar_UK

We're doing Jim's Jungle jaunt this year, apparently it's one of those weekends that you must do! Don't worry about B&B's John, get yerself a tent, much more fun!

I'm sure Leigh or someone told me that there's a pirate theme this year too! So we get to do fancy dress and fling some arrows, come on you know you want to! :cheerful:

Field Archer

I did it a couple of years ago. I did enjoy it, and it is better if you camp on site as it's like a big party on Saturday night.
Carol Edwards dad, Jim, puts in a lot of work making all the targets. The only problem I found was that on the second day, I was getting lots of pass throughs. It's not a problem with wooden arrows, but you would have the same problem with your Navigators John.

Haywain

I've wanted to do Jims for the past few years, but it has always fallen on a weekend when I have to go to work :ashamed: :ashamed: . Last year I booked it on the promise that someone would work my shift, but it fell through when they realised they would rather go on the raz for the weekend than keep their promise to me.

This year, for the first time ever, I'm not working. So as soon as it opens for bookings, my names going down on the list. :cheerful: :cheerful: :cheerful: