Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Discuss knife recommendations? at the 3D & Field Archery within Archery Interchange Forums; One of these https://morakniv.se/en/product/chise...R&currency=EUR...
    In the Gold I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot. Beardy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sorting my life out. One shed at a time.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Green
    Thanks
    Can't remember the last time I actually hit a target so don't really need one.I've ground down an old sheathy should I ever need one though.

In the White
    Thanks
    I'd agree with others.. A knife isn't really the right tools to get an arrow out of wood.. A flat head screw driver or slightly blunt 8mm wood chisel!
    http://bit.ly/2x5wD5h - My Archery Shop

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernowlad View Post
    There's some great value knives on there.
    I don't need any more but I'm still tempted...
    Tell me about it - I was blissfully unaware of the website, now I can't stay off it. That and greenmanbushcraft. I'm a middle aged chemist not a prepper dammit. I don't need to defend against the zombie apocalypse - I just want to, we may get a chav/scrote apocalypse in our street but not zombies (Ew - hordes of sport gear wearing teens with ill fitting trousers). Too much kak I want but have no use for like sexier knives, bug out bags, fire starters, para cord - probably a good job I spend my money on archery stuff.
    Cheers Gold Flinger.
    Kernowlad and Gold Flinger like this.
    Noli habere bovis, vir. - Bart

In the Red AIUK subscriber. Kernowlad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
    Tell me about it - I was blissfully unaware of the website, now I can't stay off it. That and greenmanbushcraft. I'm a middle aged chemist not a prepper dammit. I don't need to defend against the zombie apocalypse - I just want to, we may get a chav/scrote apocalypse in our street but not zombies (Ew - hordes of sport gear wearing teens with ill fitting trousers). Too much kak I want but have no use for like sexier knives, bug out bags, fire starters, para cord - probably a good job I spend my money on archery stuff.
    Cheers Gold Flinger.
    I think we're cut from a similar cloth.
    Now I'm am a voluntary Coastguard. But one that likes good kit - our clothing is really good (top end Keela) but our torches are woeful. So I have really powerful Fenix TK20R (1000 lumens) and a "reactive" Petzl Nao (it automatically adjusts the light - it's mainly for night trail runs) which is brilliant.
    But... Fenix has just released a 5100 lumen (!!!) mega torch that I would be able to use to set fire to nearby foliage. Do I need it? Not really. Do I want it? YES!

That slight kit freakness has transferred to archery a bit - an 800 bow, 230 arrows, 200 release, etc is probably a bit OTT but I just...ermmm...LIKE it!

Luckily it's not as bad an MTBing - when doing that very regularly I was wearing through kit at an alarming rate - what lasts longer? Better kit. And that costs more. So I now have a rarely used but completely lovely/OTT beast that cost me silly money (Built it from scratch) but is probably worth depressingly little. However the good kit on it does run faultlessly now it's on light duties.

Then there's the cars - a whole World of kit freak wallet pain but also pleasure.

We've just bought a house and really stretched ourselves by blowing all our savings (and more...anyone lend me a tenner?!) so we have a good period of having to well and truly abstain... I muussssst resisssst....
    Mybo Origin

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Yes, the only thing that stopped me buying one of those torches was that the little one would burn her cats corneas out if not her own. Bows - oops, just bought number five; an Apex 7 and a week later seriously considering number 6 and maybe a Xbow set up my mates selling. Arrows - six sets so far. Then storage boxes full of sights, rests, fletching jigs, lord knows how but 4 portable bow presses and a full size one, vanes, points, various bits etc. It's just stupid. A week on ebay is seriously needed but I'd only buy more stuff.
    Weirdly, I guess most archers are the same. Years of accumulated shiny things. 90 last week buying bits to make a "better" cable guard / slide set up as well as the Apex - it's just sad.

Oh and P.S. Nah. just go on ahead and buy it whatever it is - you'll feel better.
    Beardy likes this.
    Noli habere bovis, vir. - Bart

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast