looking for a 3d course

Jelmer

Hello there,

I have a question, i am going to the Reading in november and have a "day of" on monday.
Now i am wondering, i have been to austria and i know that there are a couple of 3d-courses you can go to and just go around the course and have a good day (with your own kit or a rental).
Is this possible to do in the UK and if so, does anybody know of a course between reading and dover ;)

thanks already,

Jelmer

Jelmer

Our club (de Grensschutters from the Netherlands) is a member of NHB (Nederlandse Handboogbond, Dutch Archery Union?).
According to the NHB-site they are affiliated with the IFAA for 3D.

Is that going to be a problem?

Matthames

There is the aim crescent range in Battle. You can turn up with your own kit, pay the range fees and go and shoot.

Jelmer

Hey Matthames, Thank your for the tip.
Will try and look if it is possible to bring my own kit and have a try at the range.

I have tried mailing NFAS if it is possible to shoot as a non NFAS shooter in the UK, they are discussing it.
So will keep you up to date on this.

Riceburner

Knowing the clubs in this country you'll most likely need to be a member of both the club, and the Association the club gets it's insurance through (eg NFAS or AGB).

Most clubs do NOT have full access for various reason, but some do. If so they'll have a locked gate entry which will require you having a key/code and is why you'll need to be a fully-paid-up member before the club will give you the key/code.

I don't know about hiring equipment - I certainly doubt that you'll be able to do that on a day-by-day basis, it would more likely be on a long-term hire basis as the club grounds wouldn't be 'manned' at all hours. (some grounds are nothing more than woodland with a shed!)

Your best bet would be to look on the NFAS website at the club locations map ( NFAS (National Field Archery Society) - Club Locations ) and find the clubs closest to you. Looks like that's going to be Fleet Ibex or Magna Carta. (Bisley Bowmen aren't a proper club, last time I looked, but a corporate events company).

Also bear in mind that in the South East of the UK, not many clubs leave their 3D targets out permanently, mainly due to theft. There will normally be faces out instead.