NFAS 3D targets

whisky

Supporter
Supporter
A discussion ensued this week about the longevity of 3D targets left out in the weather. Having little experience I wondered what others had seen or thought. Do some clubs leave them out through the year and does the UK wether adverselydegrade them? We were thinking to perhaps leave them out but just cover them over with some sort of plastic.

Field Archer

3D targets can be quite expensive, so most clubs tend to remove them after a shoot and lock them away.
If you are lucky to have a secure piece of land and are able to leave them out, some makes are better than others at copping with the weather and UV. McKenzies when left out will become very dull looking and the surface becomes roughened, whereas Rineharts don?t appear to be affected. The new Eleven 3Ds look like they could be made from similar compound as Rineharts.

whisky

Supporter
Supporter
Thanks for that. I think the idea is that they be left out all the time for practice too, so it sounds like the Rhinehearts would be more durable

Raedwald

The one thing to make sure about is insurance!

3D's are expensive, and there are some little sierra oscar delta's out there.

Will your insurer be happy if they're left out and damaged? Will the club be happy about replacements?

It's one thing to replace a worn-out 3D, it's another to replace several that have been "modified"......

whisky

Supporter
Supporter
The location is very secluded has regular patrols from 'security' and is miles away from Joe public. I don't think there is a need to worry about insurance. More likely damage from real animals