Pentref Spring

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Old Bloke is already there and looking forward to meeting you, Chris.

Stylisht

Ooh cool :) I decided I'd do my best to survive the early run down in the morning. Silly as I am.

Look forward to meeting him too!

N.Vodden

Ironman
i was there yesterday with my AIUK shirt on, going back today as well. if you get this, ill be in camo trousers and a white wide brimmed sunhat... i got sunburned yesterday :(

Fran C

Ironman
Pentref Spring Shoot

You beat me to it! I was just about to start a new thread when I saw that Chris had saved me the bother :)

I had a prior engagment on Saturday, so was unable to be at the first day of my first shoot as organiser. I'm told that the shooting went reasonably well and that there were Interesting Times. I arrived early on Sunday morning to find that things seemed to have gone more or less smoothly in my absence (what? Didn't you miss me?? You rotters!) and that one of our juniors had had a phenomenal score the previous day. I must have worked my way through more mugs of tea today (Sunday) than at any other time, while I tried to figure out if my database scoring system was compatible with John Hartfield's spreadsheet one. (It is, but it needs more work...)

Story of the day - Congratulations to Alexander Bridgman, U15 C/ULtd. Alex scored a whopping 700 shooting from the red peg, taking a couple of records for his age group and - since his was the highest score of the weekend - easily outshooting all the seniors, who included some very experienced international archers. Very well done Alex, we're all very proud of you. :) :) :)

Thank you to everyone who was kind enough to help me wade through the treacle of a shoot organiser's job, and a very big thank you to all the archers who came to shoot and who helped to make my day so very special today.

My thanks also to Mr Cliff Bluck for performing the Offices of Lord Paramount: it was a pleasure to meet you properly, sir. Although I'd seen you at the club a few times, I'd not realised who you were or what you had been to the archery family.
/me doffs hat.

fieldarcher606

Well, after setting off an hour before to get to the place!! We got stuck in traffic on the M1 so i was too late to be able to go. I need to book another 1! :( I was gutted! Oh well, thats 21 quid down the drain. R u going to kendal?

fieldarcher606

Im suposed to be going to Lilleshall for a fita! Im sure it will be a good weekend, but i really really wanna go to kendal!! :( Need to get all the scores i can! :D and plus, field is so much cooler! :p

Stylisht

Talked to him a couple of times - he seemed quite happy with his score on the first day. I didn't catch him at the end of the second unfortunately...