Perris 3D

FlightyRachel

Fonz Awardee
Had fun today at the Perris 3D shoot... some great targets and it only rained a bit!

Joe got another gold medal so he was happy!

My mum completed her first ever field course! :)
And so did a certain Tarkwin ;) both with very respectable scores!

Unlike me, who was crap. I lost 2 arrows in the lake :blush: but I did hit the crocodile in the end. :)

Anyone else there?

JohnK

Well done all! Those crocs can be tricky, Rachel. Took me three goes to kill the one that ate Santa on the SWAC course :D

buzz lite beer

Unlike me, who was crap. I lost 2 arrows in the lake :blush: but I did hit the crocodile in the end.
Where was that shoot Whipsnade zoo?

Raedwald

lol!

Sounds like a good day was had!

Better replace those arrows Rach!

Will we be seeing you on the 21st?

jadlem

Rachel, I was there, had a great shoot, managed to hand a dry scorecard in too.

I kept catching the eye of a familiar lady but couldn't place her, reckon I know who it is now! Must apologise I'm dead shy...

Just to console you, I got a brand new set of arrows for xmas and broke one on the Caribou and lost another on the brown bear over the lake. :(

I must learn to get sightmarks with a new set before I use them!

Anyway, off to Taverham's New Years day shoot in an hour so better start getting ready!

Happy new year!

bowman104

Hi Rachel, I was at Perris shoot as well came 2nd compound unlimited, would have said hello, but you were deep in conversation with someone else and I wasn't sure if it was you or not as you did not have your cowboy hat on!. I did recognise your son from the pictures of the last perris shoot, (although he looked drier this time) we had a good time again especially as did not get so wet and i found my lost arrow. look forward to the next one.

FlightyRachel

Fonz Awardee
Hi Rachel
Glad you and Joe had a good day,Happy New Year by the way.
Will we be seeing you at Co 60 next week?
Did your mum enjoy it and does this mean we'll be seing Tarkwin on the FA circuit?
Happy New year back atcha! :) Not next week, no, but Joe and I really enjoyed the Co of 60 so I'm hoping we will be back there again very soon!

My mum may even get adventurous enough to ditch her sight and join us! ;) As for Tarkwin... I could not say! But he certainly seemed to be having a good time!

Hi Rachel, I was at Perris shoot as well came 2nd compound unlimited, would have said hello, but you were deep in conversation with someone else and I wasn't sure if it was you or not as you did not have your cowboy hat on!
Bowman, I'm always deep in conversation wuith someone, even if it is sometimes rather onesided! ;) Are you a big chap? (Doesn't narrow it down that much, I know! LOL)

Next time, I will wear my hat! It was in the car, but I was worried about the forecast hurricane blowing it into the lake! Lost arrows I can cope with, but not the hat! :)

We are booking in for Feb too, so see you there!

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Results here; http://www.perrisarchery.co.uk/fsdec06.htm

My mum came second!! :cheerful:
yay! rachels mum :D

I came last (by a long way) in my shooting style....maybe I need to rethink...as freestyle allows the use of sights...and I discovered that my sight is useless at short distances, due to the sight window being so short I was placing the target behind the upper limb to shoot at it..

T.

Schme1440

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
yay! rachels mum :D

I came last (by a long way) in my shooting style....maybe I need to rethink...as freestyle allows the use of sights...and I discovered that my sight is useless at short distances, due to the sight window being so short I was placing the target behind the upper limb to shoot at it..

T.
Get a bent stick like I did, for field archery. f its just a bit of fun then just use a bow that you enjoy shooting.

FlightyRachel

Fonz Awardee
You coming to the next Perris shoot then, Schme?

And what class does your bendy Robin Hood thing come under? (If you pardon the expression...)

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Get a bent stick like I did, for field archery. f its just a bit of fun then just use a bow that you enjoy shooting.
I enjoyed every minute of it...even the wet rainy bits :)

I have a longbow...and when I have got some target time in with it, I will take it along...

T.