Reccomended draw weight.........

andrewb

Hiya,
After some research, I have now settled on the AFB I am going to buy for Field but would value your opinions on the reccomended draw weight. I shoot a 34# recurve comfortably and feel I could go a little higher without strain, and was thinking about a 45# AFB. Is this about right, as far as I can understand you can comfortably put about 10# draw weight on between the two bow types ? Your advice, as ever will be appreciated as at this time I don`t have the opportunity to try out a selection of bows.
Good shooting,
Andy. :cheerful:

Windknot

That should be OK. You'll definitely feel it at first, but as soon as your muscles get used to it you'll be happy as Larry. Bear in mind that you won't spend as much time at full draw a you would shooting a target recurve. And that if you shoot NFAS field you only need to shoot between 32-40 arrows. In theory, that is! :)

Yorker

As with anything you can build up to it anyway, if you are using decent technique most fit people should be able to deal with that. You may well stay at full draw as long but you don't have to shoot as many arrows as you would in a target environment.

Raedwald

If it's any help, I went from a 35# hunter recurve to a 45# AFB with few issues. Took a little getting used to the extra weight, but not too long.