1616 jazz arrows

Andy y

Hi,
I started archery with 24 Lbs draw weight & 1616 jazz arrows.
How much can I increase my limb weight before needing new arrows ?
32 Lbs ?
Thanks

M

Moose

Unless you can go to 26" or 25" depending upon the length of the arrow now and your actual draw length you have no chance as these are very weak arrows.

Plus are you talking compound or recurve assuming recurve.

Are you an adult or a youth as that makes a difference.

Also is the 24lb the limb weight as we actually need the draw weight on your fingers ax it is that weight the arrows see not what is on the limbs.

posted by moose on the loose

chuffalump

For your current setup the Arrows app pulls up 1716 Jazz/XX75 as fairly close. A bit stiff but at least you could go up a few pounds without changing arrows. They show a bit weak at 32lbs but probably shootable for a beginner.

Are you measuring AMO draw length? Base of nock groove to button plus 1.75" at full draw.

I think we bought a job lot of 1820 Genesis for general beginners use. They seem to fly OK.

M

Moose

Current set up suggests T2/T3 going to 32lb will require T4 current arrows are in T1 so are very weak for your current set up

posted by moose on the loose

blakey

Hi,
I started archery with 24 Lbs draw weight & 1616 jazz arrows.
How much can I increase my limb weight before needing new arrows ?
32 Lbs ?
Thanks
I find the Easton Youth Chart more useful than the adult one for lower poundage bows. With a draw length similar to you I shoot Jazz/Blues 1716s @ 30 lbs, but this is with screw-in 75gn field points. I think that with 50gn nibb points you might get away with 1616s for 28 lbs. I shoot 1616s out of 33 lbs longbows, but they are less efficient than recurves. If the arrows are a bit weak you might be able to cut your draw length down. Is the draw length you have given a true draw length, i.e nock groove to arrow rest?

Jamie95

I shoot 1616's, my draw is 26" and the bow is 32lb

- - - Updated - - -

I shoot 1616's, my draw is 26" and the bow is 32lb