Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
Discuss >30 inch stabiliser - W&W or Fivics CEX5? at the Target Archery within Archery Interchange UK Forums; Originally Posted by Tuck I have the cex7 stabs and they are good. Did you ...
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I have the cex7 stabs and they are good.
    Did you have chance to compare these with the CEX5s? It would be nice to hear a side by side comparison from someone to know what Soma have actually changed (besides the colours and sleeker caps).

For the price I think I'd say my vote is a positive for the CEX5s as well. They're a mid range stabiliser price wise that can compete with some of the bigger names (and price tags). If you're going to Singapore any time soon I'd still recommend you give them a go before purchasing though. Nothing worse than spending all that money and then finding no improvement over what you have now!

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Blue
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Come to think of it, there's a Fivics shop at one of the indoor ranges. I could try it for a full session under their noses!

I'm still confused about one thing: which is the higher model, CEX 5 or 7? I'm told that machining tolerances and overall quality get better with the higher brands/prices. Some shops sell the CEX 5 at dearer prices than the 7, while others do it the other way.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Easily Confused View Post
    Did you have chance to compare these with the CEX5s? It would be nice to hear a side by side comparison from someone to know what Soma have actually changed (besides the colours and sleeker caps).

For the price I think I'd say my vote is a positive for the CEX5s as well. They're a mid range stabiliser price wise that can compete with some of the bigger names (and price tags). If you're going to Singapore any time soon I'd still recommend you give them a go before purchasing though. Nothing worse than spending all that money and then finding no improvement over what you have now!
    No
    Previously had mixed Beiter/AGF Heritage setup!
    Eat, drink, shoot, enjoy.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Deepika Kumari of india uses CEX 5s on a world class level.

The CEX 7 rod is threaded on to the metal at both ends while the CEX5 is glued.

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot. hooktonboy's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    I have a CEX5 and I like it a lot, worth noting though that it doesn't (well, mine anyway) have any hole through in order to tighten with a T bar. I imagine the W&W does - if that influences your thinking?

My CEX5 always stays tight just done by hand, to be fair... for a whole shoot.
    JFDI

In the Blue
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Brilliant! Just what I was hoping for. Cui yuan yuan won gold in Antalya or Medellin with it too.

I'll probably make a special order for the single-tone colours. Most shops only sell the two-tone ones.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    You can't go wrong with any of the suggested stabiliser. Doesn't mean that you might not prefer one of the other but if you don't try other stuff after you buy you won't know. I had some CEX5 they shot fine but I preferred the feel of my ACE rods at the time. Didn't shoot much different, just feel.

If stabilisers are working loose you should have a look at tiller, brace height, string type, alignment etc to see if you can remove some of the vibration elsewhere. If standard dampers with standard weight stacks don't do enough then there is something wrong and you are wasting energy that should be in the arrow. Listening to the bow will often tell you where the issue is ... Watch out for loose grips!

Of course Beiter washers will also cure any anomalies :-)

I'm not a fan of Limbsavers but in some setups the newer Ultramax work pretty well - but I do everything else to get the vibration out, then add the LS to remove any buzz.

Stretch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12