Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
Discuss Archery field AGB registration at the Target Archery within Archery Interchange Forums; Originally Posted by bimble I wasn't there, but I know it was one of the ...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bimble View Post
    I wasn't there, but I know it was one of the senior judges (Derrick Lovell) and someone else, though whether that other person was another judge, or from a third party I don't know. Looked around, took some measurements. I think in the end they asked us to add a sign at the end of a path we've put in that runs along the length of our field in case people walk along it, but otherwise were happy.
    Just had a quick look at your field (I think) on Google map. Nice field I'm surprised anyone though it needed external assessment. It would not have popped up on my radar at all.
    An archers only opponent is his mind.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I think the idea is that all fields get an actual inspection. That or they were using it as a nice easy example to discuss things amongst themselves that they need to look out for. Though I think it's the former. I know our Parish Council occasionally floated the idea of putting a trim trail behind our bund, though the dense brambles usually quashed that idea and it's now elsewhere.
    Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bimble For This Useful Post:

oshotkosktere (13-05-17)

Thanks
    I've recently been through the process (as it turned out that our original outdoor venue assessment hadn't been given to AGB).

The big wish-list that AGB sent out when they decided to change the inspection/registration process probably didn't help with clarity. Your venue is assessed entirely on safety-of-shooting grounds, as set out in the rules of shooting. The person assessing the venue can give a dispensation if you don't quite meet the requirements, provided you can satisfy them that you're able to put measures in place to mitigate any shortcomings. Things like backstops, signage, physical barriers, and so on can be used to get a sign-off in some circumstances.

The wish-list about noticeboards, toilets, changing rooms, tea-making facilities, valet parking, a well-stocked cocktail cabinet and all the rest are just that - they're no part of the requirements for registering a shooting venue. Those questions are all about AGB having a clear picture of what facilities are available at clubs.

- - - Updated - - -

I've recently been through the process (as it turned out that our original outdoor venue assessment hadn't been given to AGB).

The big wish-list that AGB sent out when they decided to change the inspection/registration process probably didn't help with clarity. Your venue is assessed entirely on safety-of-shooting grounds, as set out in the rules of shooting. The person assessing the venue can give a dispensation if you don't quite meet the requirements, provided you can satisfy them that you're able to put measures in place to mitigate any shortcomings. Things like backstops, signage, physical barriers, and so on can be used to get a sign-off in some circumstances.

The wish-list about noticeboards, toilets, changing rooms, tea-making facilities, valet parking, a well-stocked cocktail cabinet and all the rest are just that - they're no part of the requirements for registering a shooting venue. Those questions are all about AGB having a clear picture of what facilities are available at clubs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12