CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Discuss Arrows hitting left! at the Target Archery within Archery Interchange Forums; Hi Guys, I'm in need of help, I have been coaching a young lady now ...
    Thanks

Arrows hitting left!

Hi Guys,
    I'm in need of help, I have been coaching a young lady now for 2yrs, in this period I have upgraded her equipment to bring her into her correct age group! the problem I am experiencing is that no matter what spine arrow we use, the arrows always hit left of the target at 18meters, plus minus 12inches from center, and in order for her to get the arrows into the gold, she needs to aim off to the right the same distance! gap gets bigger the further she goes back, she is 13yrs and is shooting in the U15 Girls recurve, her draw weight is 26# at her drawlength of 25.5" tested with a bowpoundage tester, arrow spine for that is 800sp carbon 6mm shafts.
    I have paper tuned and at 2M+2M arrows make a perfect entry through the paper, I have done all the checks to make sure the riser is not twisted, limbs are not twisted, alignment is spot on! I'll try and upload photos but I'm not sure if Photobucket still works, I've not used it for a number of years,

all help will be appreciated,
    Bern47
    Last edited by bern47; 11-11-17 at 01:35 PM. Reason: add image
    Merlin Max 3000 - Victory Arrows

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the White
    Thanks
    I'd double check her eye dominance. We have had a few beginners who were left eye dominant but wanted to shoot right handed and whenever they forgot to close their left eye their arrows strayed to the left of the target.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JackC For This Useful Post:

bern47 (11-11-17)

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Eye dominance has been suggested as worth checking and it's 2 of us for that one.
    I also suggest standing directly behind the archer so she is between you and the target. From that position move your position a little till you can view her bow and see the string down the centre of the limbs when she has it at full draw. When that can be seen, you are directly behind her bow when it is at full draw. You can then look to see which way the bow is facing. If the bow looks as if it is lined up to the left of the gold, and the arrows seem to be flying the way the bow is facing, it could be she has the string blur too far over to her right. From her point of view the string blur might be over to the right of the riser at the sight window.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to geoffretired For This Useful Post:

bern47 (11-11-17)

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Eye dominance has been suggested as worth checking and it's 2 of us for that one.
    I also suggest standing directly behind the archer so she is between you and the target. From that position move your position a little till you can view her bow and see the string down the centre of the limbs when she has it at full draw. When that can be seen, you are directly behind her bow when it is at full draw. You can then look to see which way the bow is facing. If the bow looks as if it is lined up to the left of the gold, and the arrows seem to be flying the way the bow is facing, it could be she has the string blur too far over to her right. From her point of view the string blur might be over to the right of the riser at the sight window.

Thanks
    Well Photobucket don't work here anymore!!
    Merlin Max 3000 - Victory Arrows

It's an X AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Readers of this thread should head over to the AIUK Facebook page if they can, where images are available.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast