Bohning Blazers??

sideshowbob

Hi,

Looking for your opinions?

Looking to us Bohning Blazer fletches when I replace my current ones, do any of you guys use them? If so do they live u to the hype?

Cheers

40n105w

Although I've never used them I see people complaining about them being difficult to make stick to the shaft. You might want to Google it.

40n105w

heatstroke

I use them, good vanes, durable. But their glue- fletch tite platinum, I gave up using that. Sticking to AAE CA glue instead. Or some generic CA gel superglue. Just could not get good adhesion with the platinum, regardless of how I cleaned the shafts

RichParker

When I was at Telford Bohning were giving away a fletch tite platinum glue with a new formula. They acknowledged that the old formula didn't work well with the finish on some Easton arrows.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Score the Green

Supporter
Supporter
Used them last year with my compound no problems with fletch tite platinum but I have arrow wraps have not tried straight on to shaft so it is possibly the shaft finish

fanio

I used them (1.75") on my Pro Tours (shooting compound) and really liked them, but because they have a fairly "high" profile and I always have sight clearance issues at 90m, I changed to low profile Flex Fletch vanes. I used to be sponsored by Flex Fletch so know their product well and have always been happy with them.

Tuck

Used them last year with my compound no problems with fletch tite platinum but I have arrow wraps have not tried straight on to shaft so it is possibly the shaft finish
Not recommended for direct aluminium fletching, had a disaster with feathers and plastic vanes , all fell off despite good prep.
Then I looked at my tube and the clue is that there is no ally recommendation. Now Bohning have a new formulation that is recommended for ally.
Check any tubes from retailers.

Eat, Drink, Shoot, Enjoy.

EVC

For allys and feathers, bohning tape is excellent. FWIW I use this tape even for plastic vanes on carbon shafts and it works pretty well.

sideshowbob

thank for that :)

I am shooting recurve with ACC arrows as have not surcome to the dark side lol, what angle would you guys recommend?

OOOOhhh Mik Kenya :)love the place

Pete

sideshowbob

Thanks for that I will deffo have a look at them :) using quikspins at the minute but always interested in others :)

Hope you have a great back home :)

Pete

HitBear

I'm shooting Balzers on ACEs form a 55LB Merlin XV with Vipers. They are a fantastic fletch. I moved back from GasPros because of contact issues. Yes, they are tricky to fletch right on slim shafts even after 'Keying' the shaft with light paper. I tried the fletchtite and it was totally useless. Went to Arizona quickset and haven't had a problem.
BTW that grove in the base of the vane? - Be careful. I found it sits too high on slim shafts to allow the gel to contact properly.
Also to remember to drop a spot of fletchtite to the front of the vane (you'll notice a little V notch for just this purpose. It'll keep the vane tight to the shaft and stop it lifting with wear.

worthipa

Supporter
Supporter
Hi,

Looking for your opinions?

Looking to us Bohning Blazer fletches when I replace my current ones, do any of you guys use them? If so do they live u to the hype?

Cheers
Didn't realise there was a "hype" about them they've been around a while. I used to shoot them on recurve (A/C/E's), they're OK, I shoot their 1.5" shield cuts now. If you want them to stick wipe the groove with IPA before you glue them. Use any kind of flexible superglue. Fletches are pretty much of a muchness ...

Tuck

Didn't realise there was a "hype" about them they've been around a while. I used to shoot them on recurve (A/C/E's), they're OK, I shoot their 1.5" shield cuts now. If you want them to stick wipe the groove with IPA before you glue them. Use any kind of flexible superglue. Fletches are pretty much of a muchness ...
I think it a complete waste of time to wipe with IPA, and a complete waste of India Pale Ale.... ;-)

Eat, Drink, Shoot, Enjoy.