BOHNING IMPULSE VANES

PFC1968

I've heard good reviews about them at my club, but they have all been using them on carbon aluminium composite arrows, has anyone tried them on x7's? Would like to know what you folks think before I fork out for the jig and vanes.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I use them on both x7s and FMJs. They work fine.

I don't have the dedicated jig; my bitz with left wing clamp works perfectly well.

PFC1968

I use them on both x7s and FMJs. They work fine.

I don't have the dedicated jig; my bitz with left wing clamp works perfectly well.
Thanks for the reply, I plan to give them a try indoors on my 2014's, would you recommend the 3" or 4"? I shoot recurve.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I use 3" but that's only because they were easier to get at the time I tried them and they worked so I had no reason to change.

In all honesty I bought them because I thought that they looked cool and a bit different but in all fairness I can't say that they are any better or worse than the Bohning x-vanes that i used previously.

PFC1968

I use 3" but that's only because they were easier to get at the time I tried them and they worked so I had no reason to change.

In all honesty I bought them because I thought that they looked cool and a bit different but in all fairness I can't say that they are any better or worse than the Bohning x-vanes that i used previously.

I agree they do look cool. I was talking to someone at the club last night, the first set of impulse vanes they tried was put on by the shop, but the shop fletched them straight and the arrows didn't group well. They noticed someone else at the club had fletched them helically, and they have done theirs that way now and seen a great improvement.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
They are supposed to be applied helically but don't believe the flannel about needing a dedicated jig. Like I said my bitz works fine and I imagine that any other adjustable helical jig would too. But if you don't have one then you may as well buy the proper kit I suppose.