Bow doesn't match arrows

kpjthomas

So we learned yesterday that my daughter's bow and arrows don't match. The arrows fly horribly.

Changes that were made yesterday were
1. Brought clicker back so that she would have to pull back farther. We are also trying to get her to open up more, creating a better line/bone to bone alignment.
2. Also adjusted plunger. Why? I am not sure I understand this yet. :)

Anyway, we are going to (in this order to see what works)
1. Go to a smaller, lighter string and obviously change the knocks.
2. Change arrow heads.
3. Add additional weight to the bow via stabelizer.
4. Increase poundage if possible. Pretty sure we have already maxed out the bow.

Thoughts..... suggestions.....

Kelli 🎯

carl7

It would help a lot if you listed maybe with photos exactly what gear your daughter is using. The highly knowledgeable folks here will explain and sort it out for you.

buzz lite beer

So we learned yesterday that my daughter's bow and arrows don't match. The arrows fly horribly.

Changes that were made yesterday were
1. Brought clicker back so that she would have to pull back farther. We are also trying to get her to open up more, creating a better line/bone to bone alignment.

Don't overdo this, it will reduce string path clearance and may induce more bow arm hyperextension

2. Also adjusted plunger. Why? I am not sure I understand this yet. :)

this is usually done to help improve arrow flight and clearance past the bow

Anyway, we are going to (in this order to see what works)
1. Go to a smaller, lighter string and obviously change the knocks.

This will have negligible effects on wrong arrows and only for arrows that are slightly stiff

2. Change arrow heads.

Lighter points if arrows too weak heavier if they are too Stiff

3. Add additional weight to the bow via stabelizer.

Haven't got a clue why anyone would suggest this would help :(

4. Increase poundage if possible. Pretty sure we have already maxed out the bow.

again don't overdo this increasing the power of a bow will not improve anything if stability at aim is compromised

Thoughts..... suggestions.....

Kelli 
All of the above is quite pointless if the arrow clearance past the bow/button and arrow rest hasn't been confirmed

chuffalump

With that arrow length it sounds like you could drop down to short limbs if you wanted. The long limbs make a 68" bow at 24lb@28". The short limbs would make a 64" bow.

Oops, sorry, long limbs make a 70" bow with the 25" riser. Short limbs make a 66" bow. Talk about a brain fart. 😕

Simian

Supporter
Supporter
Easton XX75 Platinum Plus Arrow shaft 23" knock to point - 1516
W&W Sebastian flute premium carbon recurve limbs long 66 at 26 lbs max

23" arrow with 26lb limbs probably means 20lb or under on the fingers.

From the Easton youth chart, I make that Y1, which means a 1214 shaft.

The 1516 is Y5-Y6, which makes it very stiff more suited to the 35lb+ range. There's no way you're going to get that to fly right, no matter what you do with the bow.

Can you buy / borrow a 1214, 23 inch arrow and see how it flies?

kpjthomas

23" arrow with 26lb limbs probably means 20lb or under on the fingers.

From the Easton youth chart, I make that Y1, which means a 1214 shaft.

The 1516 is Y5-Y6, which makes it very stiff more suited to the 35lb+ range. There's no way you're going to get that to fly right, no matter what you do with the bow.

Can you buy / borrow a 1214, 23 inch arrow and see how it flies?
Unfortunately none to try but I would consider buying them for her. She is very ready to compete and this is huge.

Kelli 🎯

Simian

Supporter
Supporter
Unfortunately none to try but I would consider buying them for her. She is very ready to compete and this is huge.
A set of 6 built 1214s would cost ?30 so not outrageous. Might even have a resale value of ?15 if they're in good shape.

The problem comes with the rate kids grow, if 23" is poking out the other side of the riser at full draw, they'll last her for a while.

If not, it's probably worth keeping an eye on Ebay for the next size up 1413 @ 24-25 inches :)