handicap question

mrtikle

Handicap query leaving me stumped
I have a member asking about handicaps and i cannot find the answer for him so as a last resort I am a asking on here
He got in touch recently to ask why his handicap was not on the website, he has not shot due to ill health and other reasons for two years but remained a member. I have not had any scores from him.
How long does a handicap last?
E.g.
d. an archer who has failed to shoot any complete round during the previous year shall retain his last declared handicap until he has requalified as in instruction 3a above

3a. Initial assessment, all about shooting three rounds etc etc

It doesn?t mention further back than the previous season, does this mean he starts from scratch without any handicap?

I have only been records officer for about 18 months and I?m still learning, i just want to give him the correct answer

Cheers all

ben tarrow

Handicap query leaving me stumped
I have a member asking about handicaps and i cannot find the answer for him so as a last resort I am a asking on here
He got in touch recently to ask why his handicap was not on the website, he has not shot due to ill health and other reasons for two years but remained a member. I have not had any scores from him.
How long does a handicap last?
E.g.
d. an archer who has failed to shoot any complete round during the previous year shall retain his last declared handicap until he has requalified as in instruction 3a above

3a. Initial assessment, all about shooting three rounds etc etc

It doesn’t mention further back than the previous season, does this mean he starts from scratch without any handicap?

I have only been records officer for about 18 months and I’m still learning, i just want to give him the correct answer

Cheers all
d. he keeps his last Hc (reassessed at the end of the last year he submitted scores) because he hasnt shot 3 rounds in the previous year (or any year since the last reassement)

mrtikle

cheers mate, I just couldn't find how long a handicap lasts for, if its not maintained with regular scores that is

ben tarrow

cheers mate, I just couldn't find how long a handicap lasts for, if its not maintained with regular scores that is
Thats how I read it anyway. Since there is no statute of limitations on handicaps (unlike classifications which expire after a year) i read it that at the end of a year, you reassess the handicap. If there were no rounds shot in that year, you take the reassessed handicap from the end of the previous year, ad infinitum.

fbirder

Erk!

I've just realised that I've assumed that you needed three qualifying rounds in a season for a handicap allocation. Looks like I need to recalculate a few.

What's strange is that it seems as if Golden Records makes the same assumption as I did. I have at least one archer who was allocated a handicap at the start of 2016 but only shot two qualifying rounds during the year. When I ran 'Handicaps Year Start' it didn't giver her a handicap.

fbirder

Have either of you reported this as a problem to Toxik Software?
As a workaround, you can enter the start of year handicap for an archer manually
Yes, I've reported it and emailed them a copy of the score history of one of the archers where the problem crops up. They are looking into why it doesn't do what, according to them, it is supposed to do.

in the meantime I shall be getting my calculator out and doing the few that fall into this trap by hand and entering it manually.

Whitehart

my problem is he hasn't shot for two full years
Why would anyone who has not shot for 2 years be bothered about an out of date handicap, surely they would struggle to be at that level now until they get into shooting regular again.