Discuss Hoyt syntactic carbon plus limb detent problem at the Target Archery within Archery Interchange Forums; Hi all, I have lost the limb detent bit (contains the nipple bit) to my ...
    In the Green
    Thanks

Hoyt syntactic carbon plus limb detent problem

Hi all,
    I have lost the limb detent bit (contains the nipple bit) to my old first generation Hoyt syntactic carbon plus limbs. These were great limbs and I'm keen to be able to use them again.

At the moment I have the limb with an inner metal sleeve still in the hole. People tell me that this is just a push fit and can be removed - well I can't get it to budge. I've tried Quicks but they sent me an entire new unit - so no go there. I've tried cannibalising from other limbs in the attic.

It seems that Hoyt had two systems that are not compatible.

My system where the inner sleeve is separate from the cylinder with the flange on the end and a (newer) system where the cylinder with flange is just one entire unit. Also the hole and nipples are different in these systems - they are not interchangeable.

Any one got any ideas or anything to add?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indegold For This Useful Post:

eedubberlshan (Yesterday), oshotkosktere (12-06-17)

3. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    What tools have you tried to attempt to remove the metal sleeve?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geoffretired For This Useful Post:

eedubberlshan (Yesterday), oshotkosktere (12-06-17)

In the Green
    Thanks
    Hi geoffretired,
    I have very limited tools so only a bit of wellie with a screwdriver

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indegold For This Useful Post:

eedubberlshan (Yesterday), rmonclermc10071 (22-06-17)

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The problem with one screwdriver is that levering one side tends to jam the object in the hole.
    Two table knives on opposite sides and levering together might work better.
    Another method is to get a loop of bowstring and tie the ends to make the loop about 6" long. Put the loop over the object and pull with the other end, trying to get the string to go under the lip of the object. Wrap one side of the loop round the object again and pull hard to get two wraps under the lip. If the object is push fit rather than glued, each winding will try to force the lip away from the limb. If you can see the string is getting under the lip, repeat the winding pulling tight each time till the lip is far enough removed to lever out.

In the Green
    Thanks
    Hi , thanks to everyone for the help. finally sorted out the problem (helpful guy at Perris got the sleeve out probably with some massive industrial tool) anyone sorted but I bought some UUkha Evo1 limbs whilst there...... my words can't do them justice!! Probably never use those old limbs now!