JMB / MB / GMB eligible events

borgs

Hi,

This question is mainly directed at club records officers but all replies are very welcome.

I have developed my own round entry system that our club members use to tell me (the club Records Officer) of the rounds that they have shot. Now that we have a member who is shooting at a master bowman level I need to update the software to deal properly with it.

The SAPs state that for a JMB, MB, GMB that the round "... must be shot at events organised by FITA, FITA Members, or Archery GB, or at a UK Record Status meeting."

So I know that I need to provide at least one tick box in the entry system so that a member can state whether or not the event that they shot at adheres to the above.

However, I feel that some members may be scratching their heads when trying to determine if they should be ticking the box or not.

My question is: is there a simpler description that I can use? e.g. would all tournaments like this state 'UK Record Status' in which case I could just have a tick box titled 'UK Record Status ?'.

Thank you,

Steve

dave lpb

All the eligible tournaments should say they are record status (I believe it's part of the requirements of the record status) so just a record status tick box should be fine.

Bertybobby

They will be UK record status or world record status shoots.

If you have just one MB then he or she could just mail you when they submit their score, rather than redesign your system?

You will only be doing their handicap as the club does not handle their classification which is done by AGB? They will just tell you they are MB, etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Tuck

From GNAS procedures

4. (a) Claims for Grand Master and Master, Junior and Senior, All Disciplines Archers achieving the performances required for Grand Master and Master, both Junior and Senior deserve widespread recognition of their achievements. Additionally, these performances need to be highlighted to Archery GB. Therefore, claims for these awards are coordinated by Archery GB.
(b) Claims for the title of Grand Master and Master both Junior and Senior in all disciplines as appropriate shall be submitted on the appropriate form to Membership Services, as soon as possible after the achievement each year and in any case to be received by 31st December.
Membership Services GB will:
(c)
Confirm the validity of the claim.
Notify the claimant and send him the appropriate badge, provided that an identical badge has not previously been issued to that archer for the same archery discipline and bowstyle.
Publicise the award.
It shall be the responsibility of the archer concerned to submit the claim together with the official Result Sheets sent out by the Organisers of the Meetings.
(d) The claim shall include a certificate defining the style of bow the archer was shooting

The archer is responsible for this.

Eat, Drink, Shoot, Enjoy.

borgs

Hi,

Thank you for all of the replies.

I realise that, beyond the Bowman level, it is Archery GB's responsibility. However, my software displays the members current handicap and classification on the club website. Rather than stop at the Bowman level I felt that it would be nice to be able show the member at a higher level. I realise that they are not actually at that level until it has been ratified by Archery GB.

If the software detects that someone has just qualified for a JMB / MB/ GMB then it will alert myself and also the member, via an email, so that they can take the necessary action to get it ratified by Archery GB.

We now have about four members who are getting close to Master Bowman level. This new tick box (which I will now call 'Record Status Shoot') will be used my me to determine whether to allocate a round a classification of say Master Bowman rather than Bowman.

Initially I was thinking that I would allocate a round a classification based solely on the tables in the SAPs and then determine if there are at least three of this classification that also satisfy the event type rule in order to determine their current classification. However, I am now more inclined to classify any round where the score was at a higher than Bowman / Junior Bowman level but did not satisfy the event type rule as a Bowman / Junior Bowman score. The re-design of the software is quite minimal then as the current classification calculation code can be left as is.

Does this seem reasonable to other ROs out there?

Regards,

Steve

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
keep in mind you have have a handicap that is MB (or better), but if those scores aren't shot at a UKRS/WRS shoot, or are a round where you can't claim MB/GMB (720 for example) you can't claim the MB.

My outdoor handicap is, for example, that of an MB, which our records officer has written in the club's handicap scores... however, I'm technically only a Bowman as I've only 'officially' achieved one MB score this season.

Tuck

Hi,

Thank you for all of the replies.

I realise that, beyond the Bowman level, it is Archery GB's responsibility. However, my software displays the members current handicap and classification on the club website. Rather than stop at the Bowman level I felt that it would be nice to be able show the member at a higher level. I realise that they are not actually at that level until it has been ratified by Archery GB.

If the software detects that someone has just qualified for a JMB / MB/ GMB then it will alert myself and also the member, via an email, so that they can take the necessary action to get it ratified by Archery GB.

We now have about four members who are getting close to Master Bowman level. This new tick box (which I will now call 'Record Status Shoot') will be used my me to determine whether to allocate a round a classification of say Master Bowman rather than Bowman.

Initially I was thinking that I would allocate a round a classification based solely on the tables in the SAPs and then determine if there are at least three of this classification that also satisfy the event type rule in order to determine their current classification. However, I am now more inclined to classify any round where the score was at a higher than Bowman / Junior Bowman level but did not satisfy the event type rule as a Bowman / Junior Bowman score. The re-design of the software is quite minimal then as the current classification calculation code can be left as is.

Does this seem reasonable to other ROs out there?

Regards,

Steve
Seems absolutely correct, MB+ grade score qualifies = MB+.....score at club = B

Eat, Drink, Shoot, Enjoy.

Flying Whale

I have something similar I wrote for our club quite a few years ago (I am records officer).

I just have a checkbox in for "Recod Status". The software then decides based on that check and whether the round is Metric 5 to 1, Gent/Ladies FITA, Bristol 5 to 1, Hereford or York, and if they are a junior whether the round is appropriate to their age and then decdeis on MB/Bowman etc