Micro titan aperture

pottok

Hi archers,
I'm not fluent with the differents topics or reviews. Is there somebody to give his advises about the micro titan aperture ?
thank you.:target:

Stretch

It's fine at any distance as long as you are comfortable aiming with the suspended dot. Both the fibre lens and the 1mm dot work well. Personally I prefer the larger aperture of the original Titan. But it's a personal preference. I also prefer the largest of the Titan fibre pin options and the Micro is only available in the middle size.

The downside of all the recurve scopes is that when it rains you need to protect the lens because trying to aim when there are water droplets on it is hard.

Titans are beautifully made and the lenses are excellent. However there are cheaper options like the Spgarelli and GasPro that do similar for less money.

The Titan Micro also makes a very nice open ring aperture without the lens... but even I'd admit that is a bit of a waste of money :)

Stretch

symondavis

I don't know much about the micro version but I've been using the standard size Titan for over 3 years.
They've all been pretty good. Yeah I've had a few now because the threaded rod does break (I have a spare length of threaded rob but not gotten around to cuttingin 2.5 inch segments to fix.)
I'm assuming they break because the extra weight and the vibration makes the threaded rod brittle. It's always been a smooth break straight through showing the grain of the threaded rod.

My first Titan pin had the standard size pin diameter of 0.3" but the second and third times I went for the 0.2" pin and this is tiny but at 90m it's perfect.

You also get three different sized rubber rings to close the aperature and a square aperature (good luck aligning that up!)

I've recently gone to the Shrewd version as you don't need the zero power lens for a pin which is great news for those who shoot in the rain.
Found this on Google about the Shrewd pin. Shrewd – The Flex Scope – Archer Reviews

Stretch

That's odd, I've never heard of anyone breaking the thread on a Titan. I have four full size that I've been using more than ten years (Colour coordination is important...) Only thing that happened was the .04" lens cracked - which was gutting when you can't buy them readily in the UK. I did buy one on eBay and the threads were a mess but from user over tightening. Maybe depends how much vibration is coming out of your bow. My bows tend to be quiet and low vibration.

Re the Shrewd pin - it looks nice, I like the adjustable shades (can't run full shades and remain WA legal) but if you want a bright aiming point and are happy with a post style support you can get the big or small Shibuya pin for 1/3 the price... and those things are bright! Way brighter than you get on the short fibre used with Titan/Shrewd/Spig type pins in almost any light conditions.

A lot of top archers are not using the fibre in the scopes - they're going with the decal/dot on the plain lens. I like the plain dot in good light but with my progressively bad eyesight I find it hard to pick up in lower light.

2p

Stretch

pottok

That's odd, I've never heard of anyone breaking the thread on a Titan. I have four full size that I've been using more than ten years (Colour coordination is important...) Only thing that happened was the .04" lens cracked - which was gutting when you can't buy them readily in the UK. I did buy one on eBay and the threads were a mess but from user over tightening. Maybe depends how much vibration is coming out of your bow. My bows tend to be quiet and low vibration.

Re the Shrewd pin - it looks nice, I like the adjustable shades (can't run full shades and remain WA legal) but if you want a bright aiming point and are happy with a post style support you can get the big or small Shibuya pin for 1/3 the price... and those things are bright! Way brighter than you get on the short fibre used with Titan/Shrewd/Spig type pins in almost any light conditions.

A lot of top archers are not using the fibre in the scopes - they're going with the decal/dot on the plain lens. I like the plain dot in good light but with my progressively bad eyesight I find it hard to pick up in lower light.

2p

BR
Stretch
Thank you very much. I'll try one tomorrow. My archery has a good comercial seller.