Round face questions

borgs

Hi,

I'm currently looking at the newest rules of shooting document dated April 2017 and see some changes from my version dated April 2012. I was hoping that someone with a current set of handicap tables could answer a few questions that I have (my handicap tables are dated April 2012)?

1. Bray I/II: Now states: full size and triple face where it used to state full size only.

This suggests to me that the handicap tables should have been updated so that there will be four columns for Bray I (and likewise for Bray II): non-compound full face, non-compound triple, compound full face, compound triple. Is this the case?

2. Portsmouth: Now states: full size, 5 zoneor triple face (this is exactly as stated in the document).

Can someone please clarify which faces are valid. I'm thinking full size and 5 zone triple. Was 6 zone ever valid?

3. 6 zone face.

Do any rounds allow this face? Which one(s) please?

4. I've seen a website state that the Bray I/II are classed as five zone scoring. It is ten zone scoring surely?

Many thanks,

Steve

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I'm struggling to identify a 6 zone face, unless they mean one with a compound 10...
I read the Portsmouth rule as permitting a single 5 zone face, a full size face or a triple... It's a 60cm face after all, who needs the 5 and out :)

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Oh yes... Could you use that for a Stafford?
technically, no. The rules still only allow a full face for the Stafford round. Though for practice/non-RS shoots...

Corax67

I was offered the choice of 5 zone or 6 zone versions of the 80cm faces to be used for our winter Frostbite series (30m) - only so we can pop two onto a foam target for the compound archers since everyone else shoots standard 10 zone 80cm.

I chose 5 zone as we can all stay inside the red weather permitting :)

Karl

borgs

Thank you everyone.

Not sure about the 30m but I am seeing reference to the WA (FITA) 50m as being able to be shot on a 6 zone 80cm face e.g. Rules | Information | 50 Metre Compound League

However, I can't see any reference to that in the WA rules and also, my handicap tables (although possibly out of date), do not have separate columns for 10 zone and 6 zone 80cm. Like some of the indoor rounds I would have thought that the lower the handicap the more chance that the scores would differ. This would be because the archer would sometimes miss the 6 zone face but would be scoring 4,3,2 or 1 on the 10 zone face. Again, if anybody could please check on a new set of handicap tables as the 6 zone may now be included. Or it may be that the 6 zone face is not official for the round?

In chapter 34 of the WA (FITA) rules it describes a club round called the 50m Match round but that one is shot on a 122cm face. Elsewhere in the World Records section it lists: 50m for Cadet Women and Master Women (122cm face); 50m (36 arrows on a 80cm face).

Does anyone know where WA list all their target rounds? I've been looking through their rules and can't find them listed in one place.

I should probably explain that this is not me being officious just that I have an app ready for release and just want to confirm before I do that I have all the official rounds listed.

Many thanks.

borgs

Thank you everyone.

Not sure about the 30m but I am seeing reference to the WA (FITA) 50m as being able to be shot on a 6 zone 80cm face e.g. Rules | Information | 50 Metre Compound League

However, I can't see any reference to that in the WA rules and also, my handicap tables (although possibly out of date), do not have separate columns for 10 zone and 6 zone 80cm. Like some of the indoor rounds I would have thought that the lower the handicap the more chance that the scores would differ. This would be because the archer would sometimes miss the 6 zone face but would be scoring 4,3,2 or 1 on the 10 zone face. Again, if anybody could please check on a new set of handicap tables as the 6 zone may now be included. Or it may be that the 6 zone face is not official for the round?

In chapter 34 of the WA (FITA) rules it describes a club round called the 50m Match round but that one is shot on a 122cm face. Elsewhere in the World Records section it lists: 50m for Cadet Women and Master Women (122cm face); 50m (36 arrows on a 80cm face).

Does anyone know where WA list all their target rounds? I've been looking through their rules and can't find them listed in one place.

I should probably explain that this is not me being officious just that I have an app ready for release and just want to confirm before I do that I have all the official rounds listed.

Many thanks.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
WA rules 4.5.1.4. states for the h2h matches a 5-10 (six zone) face should be used:
For Recurve the round will be called the Olympic Round and shall be shot at 70m (60m for Cadets and Masters) on 122cm target faces, whereas for compound it will be called the Compound Match Round and shall be shot at 50m on an 80cm six ring target face.
whilst 4.5.1.5. simply says "80 cm face" when t comes to the qualifying round:
The 50m Round for Compound consists of 72 arrows on the 80cm target face
which I think means any of the 80cm variants (full, 10-5, 10-6) are eligible. Certainly in the appendix of book 3 (target faces) it shows the set out for 1/2/3/4 faces per boss for the 10-5 face, but only 3/4 faces per boss for the 10-6 variant. (with 1/2 faces per boss being h2h matches & 3/4 being qualifying)

ITPapoi

The WA faces used for target archery are in Book 2 section 7.2.2 with 7.2.2.1 saying (amongst other things)

Outdoors the 80cm 6-ring face may be used at 50m, 40m and 30m. The rings have the same dimensions as the 80cm faces, but with the 4 to 1 scoring zones removed. The lowest scoring zone is the light blue 5.
Hope that helps

Jonathan

borgs

Thank you everyone.

I forgot that Archery GB seem to have appropriated some of the metric rounds from World Archery which is why I missed the WA 40m and WA 30m. I'm still hoping I can get access to a recent set of handicap tables so I can check that Archery GB have updated the handicap tables with respect to the new and changed rounds. Hopefully they either used Mr. Lane's formula or contacted him directly to update them.

Cheers,

Steve

borgs

Thank you everyone.

I forgot that Archery GB seem to have appropriated some of the metric rounds from World Archery which is why I missed the WA 40m and WA 30m. I'm still hoping I can get access to a recent set of handicap tables so I can check that Archery GB have updated the handicap tables with respect to the new and changed rounds. Hopefully they either used Mr. Lane's formula or contacted him directly to update them.

Cheers,

Steve

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Thank you everyone.

Cheers,

Steve
No they haven't, the only WA outside rounds are the 1440 (ladies/gents), the 50/60/70m 720s (compound, cadet/senior recurve), the 900 and the standard round*. All the other outdoor rounds we shoot, imperial or metric are solely Archery GB rounds.

* - plus the match rounds

borgs

No they haven't, the only WA outside rounds are the 1440 (ladies/gents), the 50/60/70m 720s (compound, cadet/senior recurve), the 900 and the standard round*. All the other outdoor rounds we shoot, imperial or metric are solely Archery GB rounds.

* - plus the match rounds
My apologies. I think I have misunderstood the FITA rule about being able to use a 6 zone face at 40m and 30m. I'm guessing that they are just referring to the 40m and 30m as part of a WA 1440.

Anyway, I hope that this reply doesn't create two posts like all my other replies. No, I'm not double-clicking any of the buttons.