String and Fletching

Torque

Hello, I'm using 44# limbs with 28" 550 X10 arrows. After reading some reviews and stuff on the best string material and feathers I started to get confused on what material to use for the string and the fletching on the arrows for 70m FITA.

Since I'm not good at evaluating equipments, I like to use good and popular products like X10 arrows or Hoyt limbs (despite I know that MK limbs are also great). I would like to use some end of the line feathers and string that is often used by other archers (like the nexus of 2004 in risers)

Can someone help me with feather and string selection for 70m with my setup?

Thanks in advance.

Phil Reay

Although my bow is only 36lb and I'm shooting barebow, I use DynlmaD75 string (10 strand with 2 extra under the serving to accommodate my X10 small nocks). My fletchings are 1 1/2" plastic. One thing you don't want at 70m is feathers. They will slow the arrow down too much. Will admit I shoot a Fibrebow with W&W prime limbs. Light and sweet

Regnal K

Angel Majesty string 20 strand with .18 serving if u have size 1 nock. it will be comfortable on the fingers. if you want more speed u can try 18 strand and if feeling really adventurous and need blazing speed then 16 strand, but it will be very uncomfortable on the fingers on your draw weight.

as for fletching spin wings or eli vanes p2 are that way to go , i have used both and prefer the eli vanes as they are more durable.

hope it helps:thumbsup:

Tuck

At 44# I would not worry too much about string materials, 8125 is popular, angel Majesty, 8190 is becoming more popular. All have either 100% High Modulus Polyethylene (HMPE) some with a small % of Vectran, another Ultra HMPE. Look at the BCY and Brownell websites for good information.
If you decide on reduced strand strings, add a few extra strands under the serving to get correct nock fit.
Spin Wings or similar , Kurly, Eli, are are preferred by many, or short ~2" plastic vanes are also popular.

Eat, Drink, Shoot, Enjoy.